Thread: Best source for NC removable hardtop?

Default Best source for NC removable hardtop?

I'm looking for the best deal on a hardtop for my new 2006 NC. Is there a source recommended in the DFW area?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jastx View Post
    I'm looking for the best deal on a hardtop for my new 2006 NC. Is there a source recommended in the DFW area?

Thanks!
    I think your only source is going to be the dealers. Because there is likely a decent margain on these things, I would think Parts Managers might be willing to compete for your business over it. I would send out emails to local parts managers within 250 miles and be clear that you are shopping for the best price.

Talking

My sister-in-law got one for her NC, I was shocked at the price! Heck it was more than I paid for my first Miata!

Ya think this will help bring up the value of my never used NA/NB hardtop??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    My sister-in-law got one for her NC, I was shocked at the price! Heck it was more than I paid for my first Miata!

Ya think this will help bring up the value of my never used NA/NB hardtop??
    Point taken!

Point taken!
    What are you seeing as far as dealer pricing jastx??

$2300ish to 2400ish plus tax and install. Works out to a total of about $2800...ish. I want to find something closer to $2k complete.

$2300ish to 2400ish plus tax and install. Works out to a total of about $2800...ish. I want to find something closer to $2k complete.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Install???

Geez, I'd like to see what they list for hours needed for that.
    I'd rather figure out why somebody would buy a convertible then put a hardtop on it
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

I've owned my car for almost 7 years, the hardtop has been on maybe 2 months total. There are too many days in the winter I can drive top down. Yesterday was one of them. 54 miles top down, just because I could.

You may just want to wait and try the dealers in the summer. They're not going to budge much this time of the year.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    I'd rather figure out why somebody would buy a convertible then put a hardtop on it
    Because if you don't the SCCA makes you wear arm restraints in Spec class racing.

http://www.okmiata.com/r_upgrades.html#arm_restraints
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    Because if you don't the SCCA makes you wear arm restraints in Spec class racing.

http://www.okmiata.com/r_upgrades.html#arm_restraints
    Yea because everyone knows safety equipment is for .

I'd get a set of arm restraints myself but that's just me.

Yep my sister in law spent around $3K for hers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Install???

Geez, I'd like to see what they list for hours needed for that.
    They mount different than the old miatas ya got to get some brackets and other stuff installed on the car.

I like the Miata because there is no other car I have found with its nimbleness and "flingability" and enjoyment of driving at the speeds I normally get to drive.

I like sports cars and have owned quite a few. I have owned other convertibles before and have learned I'm not really a convertible person. In Dallas, it's too hot, it's too loud with the bumper to bumper traffic, and I don't need to arrive at the office shiny-faced and stuck to the back of my seat...and I don't need the skin cancer.

I bought my GT ragtop 1) because of the way it drives and 2) because the spread between it and and PRHT I would have preferred, even with a $1k discount on the PRHT, was over $7k. That leaves me enough to find a good deal on the removable hardtop and still come out way ahead. My Miata will be a very nice ride as a coupe. And, I always have the option to remove it if I change my mind. It will also make the car attractive to buyers compared to other Miatas when I decide to sell it.

I found the best deal on the Internet to be the dealer on eBay in MA, but I didn't want to risk freight damage. So, I started calling the dozen Mazda dealers in my area and found one willing to match the price. Good deal!

I should have my top in a week.

Where did ya get it for future reference??

I like the Miata because there is no other car I have found with its nimbleness and "flingability" and enjoyment of driving at the speeds I normally get to drive.

I like sports cars and have owned quite a few. I have owned other convertibles before and have learned I'm not really a convertible person. In Dallas, it's too hot, it's too loud with the bumper to bumper traffic, and I don't need to arrive at the office shiny-faced and stuck to the back of my seat...and I don't need the skin cancer.

I bought my GT ragtop 1) because of the way it drives and 2) because the spread between it and and PRHT I would have preferred, even with a $1k discount on the PRHT, was over $7k. That leaves me enough to find a good deal on the removable hardtop and still come out way ahead. My Miata will be a very nice ride as a coupe. And, I always have the option to remove it if I change my mind. It will also make the car attractive to buyers compared to other Miatas when I decide to sell it.

I found the best deal on the Internet to be the dealer on eBay in MA, but I didn't want to risk freight damage. So, I started calling the dozen Mazda dealers in my area and found one willing to match the price. Good deal!

Dang, I was just making a funny
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

You don't seem to have a firm grasp on funny, lately. Maybe you should just keep it to yourself for a while.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Hey MadMonkey, no offense taken. I was just responding to your statement. We all have our reasons for buying our cars.