Thread: I know its probably a long shot but...

Default I know its probably a long shot but...

does anyone have a 90-93 thermostat housing? Not just the cover but the whole thing...if so that would be great. If anyone has one please let me know!

I checked the parts motor... I still have the cover but left the housing attached to the head I traded off... DOH!

Check with Kags and see if he has one down in Austin. If not, then it's probably going to be a Parts Group/eBay/stealership item.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Don't know if I can find mine after the 1.8 swap, but I'm helping a new guy do a 1.8 swap at the moment. I'll see if he's going to use the 1.8 waterneck...if he is then he'd have one.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Thanks channelmaniac, appreciate you looking for me!

icepenguin66, he is going to need it for that swap...haha thats why I need it, I'm an idiot and got rid of my 1.6 motor before I did the swap. You can use the old housing cover and the 1.8 liter neck, but its a pain in ass to route the intake tubing and upper radiator hose. If you guys figure out some way to get it to work with the 1.8 setup and dont need the 1.6 neck by all means let me know. If you guys need any help with the swap I'd be glad to help out anyway I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_devil_miata View Post
    Thanks channelmaniac, appreciate you looking for me!

icepenguin66, he is going to need it for that swap...haha thats why I need it, I'm an idiot and got rid of my 1.6 motor before I did the swap. You can use the old housing cover and the 1.8 liter neck, but its a pain in ass to route the intake tubing and upper radiator hose. If you guys figure out some way to get it to work with the 1.8 setup and dont need the 1.6 neck by all means let me know. If you guys need any help with the swap I'd be glad to help out anyway I can.
    No it isn't. I have a 97 1.8 in my 90 and used the 1.8 waterneck and thermostat housing. I simply wired the fans to a switch under the stereo to turn them on/off. That way I could use the 1.8 intake tube, which fits perfect instead of trying to jimmy rig the 1.6 intake tube in between the fans since the 1.8 is about 1-2" longer than the 1.6 causing it to sit too close to the fans for the 1.6 intake tube. whew! One helluva run on sentence! If you get the upper radiator hose for the 1.8 then it will fit great with a 1.8 intake tube. Using the 1.6 intake tube was a PITA cause it was too close to the fans and pushed down on the upper radiator hose. At least with my car, I had to dremmel out the supports on the fans in order to allow the 1.6 tube to fit, which later cracked and had to be replaced when I switched to the 1.8 tube & waterneck.

Hey, what part of FW are you at? If not too far from Denton we could meet up and you could check out mine or I could try to get some pics uploaded I suppose.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

Hey, pm sent, sorry for the long response.