Thread: Ford Reports largest Loss in their History

Default Ford Reports largest Loss in their History

Ford lost Billions this year, the largest they have every had. Sucks to be them, I hope they are able to recover. It would be sad to see them and Mazda disappear!
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane View Post
    Ford lost Billions this year, the largest they have every had. Sucks to be them, I hope they are able to recover. It would be sad to see them and Mazda disappear!
    Ford made $168 million in pre-tax profits for 2006 from their share of Mazda. I am pretty sure Ford would be able to sell it's share in Mazda long before it ever disappeared.

Mazda: For full-year 2006, Ford's share of the pre-tax profit of Mazda and associated operations was $168 million, compared to $255 million a year ago. The decline was more than explained by the non-recurrence of gains on Mazda convertible bonds in 2005.
    For the fourth quarter, Ford's share of the pre-tax profit of Mazda and associated operations was $51 million, compared to $32 million a year ago, which primarily reflected favorable operating performance.
    Last edited by Titus; 01-26-2007 at 06:41 AM.

Doesnt ford have only like 34% in Mazda? Racing has noticed Fords losses too. This year Ford is not a major sponsor in the Champcar Worldseries. The engines are just badged Ford, but now they are also not using the Ford pacecar team.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    now they are also not using the Ford pacecar team.

WHAT? I'm staying home
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    WHAT? I'm staying home
    I know you liked watching the girls flog the mustangs around the track. Now we get to see the 2 seat f1/champcar instead. That is what I hear.

Wow... stock market took a dive on that too. Glad I sold stock yesterday instead of today.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Mazda sells better then ford so i think it will stay longer then some of there other "sub companys"

Guess it shows what happens when you refuse to pay attention to your competitors.

I've always bought Ford pickups, am on my 5th one now, but the pickup market is a different ballgame than cars, and the pickup market is finally facing some competition, the new Toyota is pretty good on paper and the Nissan Titan is a decent full size truck.

The Ford products outside of pickups I've owned (Aerostar & a Sable) were inferior products.
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一