Thread: TV shipping

Default TV shipping

I am looking at a toshiba DLP tv. Newegg has a good price, but I am worried about shipping it. Right now it will save me around 100 bucks to buy from them. That includes tax from best buy and shipping from new egg. I wont be buying for another week or two, and after the super bowl I think prices might come down a little bit. If that is the case for bestbuy the difference is even smaller. Would it be worth it to get it mail order? I really worry about a big ticket item like this one. If something is wrong from the store it is pretty easy to take it back. From the internet not so much. Does anyone have any experience buying something like this from the Internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    I am looking at a toshiba DLP tv. Newegg has a good price, but I am worried about shipping it. Right now it will save me around 100 bucks to buy from them. That includes tax from best buy and shipping from new egg. I wont be buying for another week or two, and after the super bowl I think prices might come down a little bit. If that is the case for bestbuy the difference is even smaller. Would it be worth it to get it mail order? I really worry about a big ticket item like this one. If something is wrong from the store it is pretty easy to take it back. From the internet not so much. Does anyone have any experience buying something like this from the Internet?
    I got my DLP from amazon. They had the best price, offered free shipping (but SLOW as snot), and gave me a great discount on the matching stand. They unfortunately only applied the expedited shipping that I had paid an extra $50 for to the stand, but they had no problem refunding the full $50 when I pointed it out. It ended up working out for the best as it allowed me to get the stand assembled before the TV arrived. The guys that delivered the TV removed it from the box, put it on the stand, plugged it in, and turned it on before they asked me to sign that it was received in one piece. They even offered to haul off the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    If you subscribe to Best Buys Rewards program, you might get that hundred dollars back in the form of rewards giftcards. I think you get $5 for every $125 spent and they have promos on bigscreens where you get douple the points from time to time.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Yeah, when we bought our new TV last summer we signed up and scored $150 in Rewards giftcards.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    We have 5 big screen TV's we're getting rid of... none smaller that 46". For free.

Oh wait, that has nothing to do with this... sorry.
    I see a lot of PMs in you future.

I've ordered tons of stuff off Newegg (although nothing as big as a TV) and have never had a problem. Prompt shipping. Products always as described.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I got my DLP from amazon. They had the best price, offered free shipping...
    +1 Got my new Samsung DLP from them before Christmas. Way better prices than Best Buy or Circuit City, no tax, free shipping. Like he said, they carried it into the house un-boxed it, put it in my cabinet, and took the empty box away...
    '96 M-edition

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    We have 5 big screen TV's we're getting rid of... none smaller that 46". For free.

Oh wait, that has nothing to do with this... sorry.
    DO tell.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

For only $100 savings, I'd buy from a local retailer. Did you check for the lowest price?

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_a...id=137/vendors

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    For only $100 savings, I'd buy from a local retailer.
    +1

You'll also want to check the local retailers' ONLINE pricing too. Circuit City had a Sony hard drive camcorder on sale for $60 cheaper online than in the stores. I had the store do a price match.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    For only $100 savings, I'd buy from a local retailer.

As would I. When I bought my TV, though, Amazon was about $400 less. They were lower than the lowest total price on pricegrabber, too.
    '96 M-edition

Yeah I have been looking all over. Too bad it seems BB is the only local place that has the toshiba. Circuit City doesnt carry them. I also forgot to look at Amazon. It is 1089 there +99 for shipping. BB has it for 1281+ 92 Tax. So there is almost 200 difference. Ill have to wait until I am ready, I am guessing this is going to be a game time decision.