Thread: Say Hello to my Little Friend

Talking Say Hello to my Little Friend

Well, I'm sure your all wondering who got the '99 FM car that was for sale. Well, if you have read this far I'm sure you know by now it was me.

The car drives really well, and I am more than happy with the purchase. Stephen was great to work with; and I appreciate his patience while I got everything in order for the buy.

This is my first Forced Induction car. If anyone has any tips on whats good and whats not good to do, I would greatly appreciate any free advise.

I also look forward to getting involved in some local events and meeting the DFW crew.

Picture of the new ride.

Badass. Enjoy it. I am sure I can speak for everyone here when I say I am jealous.

I would avoid dumping the clutch and making it do unnatural things like wheel hop. That kind of stuff breaks things.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post
    This is my first Forced Induction car. If anyone has any tips on whats good and whats not good to do, I would greatly appreciate any free advise.
    Well... I think the first thing you should do is let some of the "older" members of the board drive it a bit and make sure it's really mechanically sound. We wouldn't want it to break down on you... I think most of us are available on Feb 24th out at Mineral Wells...

(Congrats on the purchase!)
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    I would avoid dumping the clutch and making it do unnatural things like wheel hop. That kind of stuff breaks things.

Yes, I would agree. The miata's wheels work best when on the ground. =-P

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    Well... I think the first thing you should do is let some of the "older" members of the board drive it a bit and make sure it's really mechanically sound. We wouldn't want it to break down on you... I think most of us are available on Feb 24th out at Mineral Wells...

(Congrats on the purchase!)

I'm still trying to debate whether or not I want if I want to drive the new to me miata on the track or drive my older paid for one on the track =-\ Decisions decisions.... They both need to be loved equally though =-D
    Last edited by MiataMike; 01-30-2007 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    Badass. Enjoy it. I am sure I can speak for everyone here when I say I am jealous.

Thank you. I know though, that every miata is unique and special. This is my Third NB and my second '99 I missed my '99 sport so much after I got the '00 SE. This will bring back some good memories of that car. I always fealt that the suspension in the 2000 SE was a bit of a creampuff suspension and this one feels a lot more like my old '99 =-D

I think suspension is more important than the power. But its going to be nice to have that new boost.

WOW! I just noticed my quick reply quotes didn't work D'=
    Last edited by MiataMike; 01-30-2007 at 10:06 PM.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Congrats! You bought a great car!

Nice meeting you Mike. Enjoy the car and have fun with it! You should seriously look at installing your Hydra. Had I kept the car, that was #1 on my list. You should be able to make the same amount of power at less boost with it, along with a list of other cool features. Just get it inspected first :)
    '99 FMII + everything (sold!)
    '97 FMII (previously)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoefly View Post
    Nice meeting you Mike. Enjoy the car and have fun with it! You should seriously look at installing your Hydra. Had I kept the car, that was #1 on my list. You should be able to make the same amount of power at less boost with it, along with a list of other cool features. Just get it inspected first :)
    It was great meeting you as well. The car is amazing and already loads of fun. It is going to be fun learning how to drive all over again. FI is definatly a different animal. And since you mentioned the Hydra maybe someone here knows someone that is really good at tuning those things in the DFW area. I did a little research and found that the only guy in Dallas/Ft. Worth area that tunes Hydras is from Steve from Gotham Racing. If anyone else here has any input I'd be happy to listen =-D

Congratz dude!
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

Cool car! You'd better get a lawyer on retainer for the tickets!

I also agree with Dave04 that you should bring it out to Mineral Wells on the 24th so we can all drive it in order to ensure that it is sound.

Chalk me up as another jealous guy. Beautiful car!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Cool car! You'd better get a lawyer on retainer for the tickets!

I also agree with Dave04 that you should bring it out to Mineral Wells on the 24th so we can all drive it in order to ensure that it is sound.
    I'm already a steup ahead of you. =-P
    I have lawer insurance (Traffic violations included)

Congratulations on purchasing such a fine car
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Congrats on the car!

Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post
    I have lawer insurance (Traffic violations included)
    What's this? Another habitual leadfoot wants to know.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

The company I work for has a program that provides lawer insurance its like $6 a month. Also one of my friends dads sells that type of insurance I'm not sure how much it is though. I think its part of Ameriplan.