Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto-X & Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post
    Well, thats not as bad as I had thought it was going to be. I mean the way everyone built up the story, you'd of thought you ran over a nun. Sorry, to hear about that though. Just out of morbid curiousity, how much does a bumper on an Elise set one back?
    About five grand if you have to replace the whole thing, since most of the front end bodywork on the car is a single piece fiberglass clamshell.

Thankfully, the owner was able to have his existing clamshell repaired for about $700.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Back on the insurance issue, your SCCA membership includes, I believe $2M in liability insurance in case you have a serious mishap. This won't pay for repairs to your car, but it would pay for your liability to another person.

This is one very good reason to pay for a membership every year.

Not sure how ER or S2K handle this, if at all.

S.

EDIT: I stand somewhat corrected:

All SCCA members are protected with the best event-related insurance program in motorsports at no additional cost. Properly registered SCCA members who are accidentally injured while participating at SCCA events are covered for up to $1 million in medical expenses. SCCA members, in certain circumstances, are also provided with limited third-party liability insurance coverage at most events. Contact the SCCA Risk Management Department at the national office for details.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    About five grand if you have to replace the whole thing, since most of the front end bodywork on the car is a single piece fiberglass clamshell.

Thankfully, the owner was able to have his existing clamshell repaired for about $700.
    WOW! I never would have thought it would of been so much. In a weird way I bet you fealt like you got off cheap

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post
    Back on the insurance issue, your SCCA membership includes, I believe $2M in liability insurance in case you have a serious mishap. This won't pay for repairs to your car, but it would pay for your liability to another person.

This is one very good reason to pay for a membership every year.

Not sure how ER or S2K handle this, if at all.

S.

EDIT: I stand somewhat corrected:

All SCCA members are protected with the best event-related insurance program in motorsports at no additional cost. Properly registered SCCA members who are accidentally injured while participating at SCCA events are covered for up to $1 million in medical expenses. SCCA members, in certain circumstances, are also provided with limited third-party liability insurance coverage at most events. Contact the SCCA Risk Management Department at the national office for details.
    That is good info. To bad they don't have a roll over plan

You're not going to roll in a Miata, at least not on street tires, unless you slide into something like a curb. Highly unlikely at a sanctioned event.

I know, I'm just attempting to be funny

Talking

Better luck next time!

S.

DOH! i'm bad at being funny. My momma always told me. Its better to be funny than funny looking.......sorry about your luck...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I mean the way everyone built up the story, you'd of thought you ran over a nun.
    That was his next trick that day

Worst thing I ever did was hit 17 cones in a row after the finish and made POS run a lot.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    Worst thing I ever did was hit 17 cones in a row after the finish and made POS run a lot.

That was his next trick that day

Worst thing, or funniest thing?

POS RAN????

Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12