Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSM Question

Default MSM Question

OK, I need a little input. A buddy of mine is considering buying a Mazdaspeed Miata. He recently found one on CL an want's to know if it is a good deal.

Linkie

It looks like it's totally stock and the seller wants $2000 & take over monthly payments of $326.83.

To the mods: Sorry I wasn't sure where to post this so feel free to move if necessary.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

It would have to depend on how many payments are left, do a KBB search and see what the value is. I would be willing to try and look at it to make sure all the MS parts are there, although you have seen enough of my car to tell. The pnly bad thing I saw was all the crap in the engine bay

Looks like an '04 w/cloth seats, Good private party value was at $16,580
    Last edited by Magma; 02-01-2007 at 01:08 PM.
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

That's what I told him about the payments. By "crap in engine bay" are you reffering to all the stock intake plumbing? Thanks for the input.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    It would have to depend on how many payments are left
    I agree! How many payments and at what rate....

Good credit? Bad credit? no credit? Just $2K down and payments of $326.83 for the rest of your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    By "crap in engine bay" are you reffering to all the stock intake plumbing?
    Of Course

I believe most car loans these days are not assumable. If this is the case, I only see 2 ways this could work...

1) You get a new loan with his finance company or another for the amount of his payoff. In this case, his payment amount is irrelevant, as the terms of your loan would not be the same as what his loan terms were. All that is important is his pay-off amount which you don't know.

2) You make payments to the seller, he gives the money to the loan company, and the car stays in his (and his finance company's) name. Bad idea.

OK we got the seller on the phone and it's an 04. There are 48 more payments left that total out to be $15648. Oh and it does have the leather seats.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

OK we got the seller on the phone and it's an 04. There are 48 more payments left that total out to be $15648.
    Is that including the $2K down????

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Is that including the $2K down????
    No.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Talking

No.
    So $17,648.00 not including TT&L what a deal!

Thanks POS, I let my friend know and Oz has a PM.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

That's a rip off. $15,500 is a rip off, too. Remember: some of these things were going out the door for $19,000 BRAND NEW.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post
    That's a rip off. $15,500 is a rip off, too. Remember: some of these things were going out the door for $19,000 BRAND NEW.

S.

Mine was a hair over 20 before the trade in

OK we got the seller on the phone and it's an 04. There are 48 more payments left that total out to be $15648. Oh and it does have the leather seats.
    ..but that includes interest, too. I would ask what the payoff is. That is more important...... It's pretty!

The description reads. Take over payments, so he will have to go through a credit check with a bank to get the car transfered over to his name. And then if he buys it he will be responsible for paying the principle balance of the vehicle at $396 a month until principle is gone. Plus he will have to pay the seller $2,000 off the top. The key to this is how much of the principle is left.

I personaly think this guy is trying to make a little something something on the car. And its just a matter of whether or not you want to buy it for the balance + $2,000
    Last edited by MiataMike; 02-01-2007 at 02:50 PM.

For $17.5k I'd walk. There are plenty of other MSMs on Autotrader for less than that.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post

S.
    That's never stopped people from trying. I've seen plenty of people asking $13k-16k for used '03 Mazdspeed Proteges, even though Mazda South (and many other dealers) were practically giving them away for $15.5k in early '04.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Wow. I'm not saying the MSPs weren't neat cars, but $16k seems faintly ridiculous for one that's three years old. I can think of all kinds of used cars I'd like to own for sixteen grand.

S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast