Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S-2000 Autocross #4 - September 18, 2004

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

As usual the S2K folks hosted a great event! The course was fun, challenging and fast!

Congrats all around to the winners!!!

Here's the "official" announcement that the photos are up. You can go to the gallery at Erik Anderson Designs and pick the heat you ran in. Heat one and two are the morning sessions with three and four being the afternoon. Photos are resized and compressed for web viewing and upon ordering will be color corrected and otherwise tweaked.

Briefly, the pricing for the S2K Autocross participants is:
    Prints (includes the event date, event title, your name , and car #/class in a title block. Additional editing and composites are available, please contact me for details)
    4x6: $3
    5x7: $5
    8x10: $10
    11x14: $15
    16x20: $40
    20x30: $55

CDs:
    10 best photos (your choice) : $20
    All of your photos (at least 25 in nearly every case) $35.

Shipping is a flat $4 for USPS priority unless your over totals over $50 at which point it's free. The digital files are available via FTP if you have broadband, again, contact me for details. Prints and CDs are still available from previous S2K events, and they remain online in my gallery. If you have any questions or discover a broken link or non-working page, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you for another great event!

Here's the GPS track overlayed on the original course map...

This is corner 3, looks like we have a DNF on the Green Miata!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Strangely enough, the driver of the green car set up turns 3, 4, & 5. . . coincidence? I think not!

"All I ask is a fair advantage." is what he kept mumbling the whole time we were placing cones.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Strangely enough, the driver of the green car set up turns 3, 4, & 5. . . coincidence? I think not!

"All I ask is a fair advantage." is what he kept mumbling the whole time we were placing cones.
    You're the one that was giggling like a little girl the whole time we set up the "option wall" so that there was about half a car width of clean asphalt on either side of it...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Just following orders, sir. Nothing in the manual says I can't enjoy those orders
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Geez tc... that is a very cool layout/GPS/GTech what-cha-ma-call-it map of the course. And you know I like the purdy colors. They don't call you "Techno Boy" fur nuttin!

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    Geez tc... that is a very cool layout/GPS/GTech what-cha-ma-call-it map of the course. And you know I like the purdy colors. They don't call you "Techno Boy" fur nuttin!
    We nerds like our toys. The map is the track log from the GPS. I'm going to have to set it to 1 second resolution next time, as the automatic mode just doesn't cut it.

I'm working on a write up on the GTech data (you engineering types are welcome to contribute your thoughts). The first thing I've noticed, however, is that autocross should definitely be run with NO smoothing of the data on the GTech. Some of the differences I'd expected to see are invisible as the transition from full left to full right is "smoothed" out. I also expect to see some differences in the ways cars respond to bumps during cornering the next time we do this.

Chassis Designer

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the results are up:

http://www.s2000.org/nts2koc/autox/results.shtml

You can now view the results for all past events on this page. :)
    David Smart
    Mazda MX5 Club - STR 194

It looks like Season Points standings have been updated as well.

Looks like I've got Miata R all sewn up. :P
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    It looks like Season Points standings have been updated as well.

Looks like I've got Miata R all sewn up. :P
    Yup...but Miata Street still remains fun. :)

TC, so you like your GTech, eh? Think it's worthwhile as a go-faster learning tool? My dad's been wondering where it is that I can go a couple seconds faster than him in the same car...

Quote Originally Posted by Elistan
    TC, so you like your GTech, eh? Think it's worthwhile as a go-faster learning tool? My dad's been wondering where it is that I can go a couple seconds faster than him in the same car...
    It depends... I'll know more once I've run an event without smoothing... That should show goofs in transitions - which is really where you slow down - rather than just peak and sustained g loads.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Quote Originally Posted by Elistan
    It depends... I'll know more once I've run an event without smoothing... That should show goofs in transitions - which is really where you slow down - rather than just peak and sustained g loads.
    I found mine to be extremely useful once I wrote my own software for it. Very effective: www.slip-angle.com
    www.slip-angle.com - computers making people faster!

1994 BMW 325i - DSP prepped

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123