Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ER #1 - Sunday, 02/25/07, Mineral Wells

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    8 am is a good arrival time to shoot for.
    Don't forget your work assignement can be affected by where you end up in line for registration.

ER has slightly tweaked the timing for this years events.
    Quote Originally Posted by "cut & Paste" from the latest ER Newsletter
    Times for 2007 are as follows: Registration opens at 8 am and closes at 9 am (NOTE: For 2007, registration and tech lasts for 30 minutes LESS than last year. Plan accordingly.)

Tech opens at about 8:15 am and closes at about 9:15. (NOTE: ALL vehicles,
    including Karts, must be teched at each event. If tech closes before you get your vehicle teched, see John Garcia or Tom VandenOever, beg forgiveness and have them get your vehicle teched.)

Novice walk through is at 9 am and all walk throughs must stop when the drivers meeting starts which should be at 9:30 am. First car out should be about 9:45

Quote Originally Posted by TheChadVIII View Post
    ... and put some 4pt harnesses in my Miata! So ph3ar the $50 all-season tire team!
    Do you have a four point rollbar? If you do not, you will not be allowed to use the shoulder belts of the harness you installed for safety reasons.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Do you have a four point rollbar? If you do not, you will not be allowed to use the shoulder belts of the harness you installed for safety reasons.
    Blech, really? I have them mounted on the oem cockpit brace. The stock seatbelts are still functional at least.
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

Quote Originally Posted by TheChadVIII View Post
    Blech, really? I have them mounted on the oem cockpit brace. The stock seatbelts are still functional at least.
    Yeah, really.

Just think about it - if you have no rollbar and you're strapped upright in the seat by a four point harness, what does the car land on if you flip it? The windshield header and your head.

FYI, you won't be able to use those shoulder belts at any autocross or track day without a four point roll bar, for the reason stated above.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

if you have no rollbar and you're strapped upright in the seat by a four point harness, what does the car land on if you flip it? The windshield header and your head.
    Not only that, if you had a style bar and hooked the harness to it, what would happen when that style bar gets bent backwards during a rollover?

That's why four point roll bars are required if you want to use the harness.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

So, if my car rolls over, and I don't have a rollbar, the regular seatbelts are safer than a harness?

I'm not arguing about the rules, I know ya'll are right. I'm just failing to see all the logic behind it since the last ER autox I was at they let me run with the top down and no rollbar. So it'd seem like I'd land on my head either way if I flipped it with stock seatbelts or the harness.
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

When you roll, you will usually fall inward toward the center of the car. If not before your head hits the pavement, soon after. If both shoulders are strapped back, you stay pinned upright as your head grinds off like a pencil eraser held against a belt sander.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When you roll, you will usually fall inward toward the center of the car. If not before your head hits the pavement, soon after. If both shoulders are strapped back, you stay pinned upright as your head grinds off like a pencil eraser held against a belt sander.
    And that is straight out of the Safety Manual
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    And that is straight out of the Safety Manual
    And remember folks, Speed Kills.

And remember folks, Speed Kills.
    So does Cheese.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    So does Cheese.
    Cheesecake?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Cheesecake?
    Where is the little lederhosen clad beeyotch?

Cheesecake?
    Only if you spill his beer.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Only if you spill his beer.
    No doubt.

So does Cheese.

Mmmmmm.... Cheese....
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post
    Well, In that case. You can always sleep afterwards

What time do the runs finish? I don't want to drive I just want to watch what goes on.
    Honestly, if you're going to drive all the way out to Mineral Wells you might as well just enter the event. Watching an autocross is like going to a strip club, all the excitement, and none of the action.

Also, what way are you guys taking to get there? It's never taken me anymore than 1.5 hours to get there.

Two short cuts are this.

From the Northern 35 area
    Take 121 west from 35, follow 121 till you hit 183, follow that towards fortworh, make a LEFT at 820, which you'll still technicall be on 121. Follow 121 towards downtown ftw. It forks 3 ways, I-10 towards the right, 121 in the middle, and 820 on the left. Obviously stay in the middle. Take that all the way to downtown forworth and jump on 35W heading south. Follow that for about half a mile to I-30 West, and take that all the way to exit 416. Or the D.P.S. Road, which ever you prefer, I'm not sure which is faster. I've tried both and it ends up about the same.

Or you can take george bush(161) to 183 and then take that to ftw.

Both ways shave off a lot of time. Plus you can usually haul ass. Unless you're living in McKinney it shoud take you no less than 1.5 hours. And if you live out in North Plano or McKinney, move out of the sticks!
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    And if you live out in North Plano or McKinney, move out of the sticks!
    How about from East Jesus where your benefactor lives? You might want to pay attention before telling people not to live in the sticks

OTOH I did move to town from Athens a few years ago.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I may drive out there and see you guys, on my bike

The band is disolving in a couple of months but we are honoring our last shows then I am free on the weekends again just in time for some Autocross.
    I am really looking forward to it.
    I have to replace my stinkin belts though and couple other minor maint. things but other than that it should sound waaayyy different than last time you guys heard it....lol
    Last edited by Billy Blaze; 02-25-2007 at 07:45 AM.
    99 Miata Black

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast