Thread: Update for Ian

Default Update for Ian

hey did you ever find the mazda tech manual
    Last edited by pitlab77; 02-14-2007 at 09:51 PM.

The numbers are crooked, Sparky. And what's with all the tape? Some people just don't know how to care for things...

Just kidding. Looks good, Stan! Hope she's still treating you well!

As for the manual... I know exactly where it is. It's sitting on a hard drive that's buried in the back of an upstairs closet. Lemme see if I can track down an alternate copy for you.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

lol the numbers keep falling off lol. I've lost the 5 so many times so I decided just to tape them on there.

Still trying to learn how to drive since its my real first season. Although My times are dropping.

If you keep it clean the numbers won't fall off.

Honestly, that's strange. I never had a problem with the numbers staying on, even at high speed events. One old trick is to leave 'em on the hood for a few minutes to heat up in the sun before you stick them on, and they should conform to the car's curves better. It also helps if you bend the corners down so that they lay flush on the car - if any of the edges are sticking up, they'll catch the wind and fly off.

That said, I ordered 10" numbers for the RX-8. The 12" ones were just a little too large and more difficult to work with.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    If you keep it clean the numbers won't fall off.

Honestly, that's strange. I never had a problem with the numbers staying on, even at high speed events. One old trick is to leave 'em on the hood for a few minutes to heat up in the sun before you stick them on, and they should conform to the car's curves better. It also helps if you bend the corners down so that they lay flush on the car - if any of the edges are sticking up, they'll catch the wind and fly off.
    Hey I did not have that problem till after I used a clay bar and NXT wax. Maybe its just to clean now!!!!

Yeah my friend told me to try the hood at the last event. I usually sandwich them under my bed the night before an event but I guess thats not enough to get the corners down.