Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toll-Tag Question

Default Toll-Tag Question

Took the Family on a roadtrip to the big scary city today, we went to IKEA big fun (and good food)!

On the way home we stopped and picked up a toll tag!

Couple of Question for you eastsiders

1. Is do I really need to stick that honkin box to my windshield, or can I conceal it a bit??
    2. On the online site how often does it update? Can't help but notice it hasn't noticed my trip back to the good part of the metroplex yet....

TIA

I have tried putting it onn my dash as I go through the toll lane and it hit about 50% of the time. They have your license plate info and will credit your acount if you have a toll tag, but after a while, I would think they might give you a notice.

One thing I have considered is putting the thing behind the license plate sticker on the window. It works in that area just fine. I try to conserve as much window space on the miata as possible.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

If you don't use the toll roads much, just keep it in yer glove box and hold it up to the window when you drive through the toll plaza. I know several people who do this and it works fine.

S.

My tag is on the windshield behind the rearview mirror. Doesn't block any sight lines in my case. Now, the steering wheel on the other hand...
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

In the Sub, mine is on the dash. It kept getting hot and falling off the windshield.
    In the Miata it is in the pouch on the front of the windblocker. Always works.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    Always works.
    Hey, that goes back to my #2 question, how do ya know it works??

As long as your license plate is in the system, you don't even need the tag.

Just be very careful about driving with the tag in a different vehicle...

Most people place them so that they're not visible from the driver's view point behind the rear-view mirror.

My Miata tag is concealed beneath some upholstery and reads fine. The Dodge tag was in the glove compartment for the first couple weeks of ownership... and read fine.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Just be very careful about driving with the tag in a different vehicle....
    Why??

Put it on the windshield behind the rear view mirror at the top of the windshield.

That way it covers part of that spot that is never covered by the sunvisors. Helps greatly when travelling into the sun.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Why??
    Because that other cars licence plate is not in the system so it will send the owner of that car a notice. Even if it is owned by yourself. I had that problem took the tag out of the Ranger, put it in the miata and 1 week later I had the notice in my mailbox! Just get a second tag it's free. -Wes-
    1991 Mazda Miata....Bone Stock!
    2004 Ford Ranger....Small Cosmetic Updates

Why??
    Because,

If it goes off, they will fine you $40 on your account for a violation. The lady warned me at the toll booth when I bought my new car last time.

Although, I wonder if they would on my vehicles since I have two with the same tag #'s.

Why??
    I figured it out!
    Quote Originally Posted by TollTag Website
    TollTag & Violation Basics
    TollTag & Violation Tips

Some Things to Remember
    Never swap TollTags. Each TollTag is assigned to a specific vehicle and license plate number. Changing vehicles without modifying your account could result in a violation.
    But can I modify my account if let say I wanted to drive one of my Miatas??

And another lovely thing is to jump on the toll way in a rent-a-car and realize "you ain't got no money!"(ask me how I know).

It's especially fun to look at all of the people in your rear view miror as you wait for the lady to write out a bill for you to pay with all of the info she has to get. DL #, Lic. Plate, type of vehicle, time and date.

I had $750 in fines for forgetting to change the registration on my toll tag from the Jeep to the truck.

Changed the registration over and they only charged me .75 for each time through the gate and threw out the rest.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    I just ran the damn thing all the time in the Miata... they sent really nice pictures of the back of my noggin' as I flipped them off.
    this is worthless with out pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BAM! View Post
    this is worthless with out pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    +1!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    I had $750 in fines for forgetting to change the registration on my toll tag from the Jeep to the truck.

Changed the registration over and they only charged me .75 for each time through the gate and threw out the rest.
    They did that for me sometime ago (But I didn't have a toll tag then)
    Only popped me for running the booth like 15 times Even though I ran it more like 55 times ...lol
    Blah blah blah!

I figured it out! But can I modify my account if let say I wanted to drive one of my Miatas??
    Yes, you can change the information yourself online I hope this link works or by calling customer service:

"Your TollTag is vehicle-specific. If you have moved your TollTag to another vehicle, you must contact the Customer Service Center at 972-818-6882(NTTA) or go to the online Customer Service Center (www.ntta.org) to update your TollTag information prior to using the Tollway."
    Randy (who'd rather be )
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
    2005 Saab 9³ Arc 2.0L Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post
    They did that for me sometime ago (But I didn't have a toll tag then)
    Only popped me for running the booth like 15 times Even though I ran it more like 55 times ...lol
    Yeah... unfortunately, their license plate reading software is much more efficient now... By the middle of the year, they'll be able to recognize 100% of plates on all lanes on the DNT and PGBT... And one would suspect they'll probably be a little quicker on those violation notices for vehicle swaps...

OTOH... the customer service folks answer the # on the tag, and you can move the tag to another vehicle within minutes using your cell phone (hint... if you rent cars in DFW... keep the tolltag service # in your cell phone... they can look up your account by any license plate in your fleet... call in... transfer the tag to the rental car, and just drive on through the booth. They'll read the plate and bill it to your account!)
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast