Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!!! a drive in the country! 9-5-2004

Last minute addition???? Is there still space available? I'll be there!

Well you guys have fun! I would go but I am still in Mexico
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M
    Well you guys have fun! I would go but I am still in Mexico
    IS this you?

That is so wrong on so many levels.

Hey folks,
    I had fun playing with the wide bodies. I hope I didn't make too many of you crazy.

Hopefully I'll have a clutch in the Miata soon and we can keep the entire set matched.....
    Hello, my name is OUTRACE and I'm a motorcyclist. It has been zero days since my last ride.

Thanks Tailchaser, it was a fun run, nice weather and it was great to meet everyone.

Dang... I guess someday she'll thank me for the great ride... One can always hope...

Please add your comments so that I can update and expand the article.

Yeah... I'll add my thanks to everyone as well. A very nice day was had by all. I can now say the break in of the '04 is complete...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04
    Yeah... I'll add my thanks to everyone as well. A very nice day was had by all. I can now say the break in of the '04 is complete...
    Popped its cherry, then, didja?

For the record, it's a Yamaha R1.

The FZ1 is a nice comfortable streetbike with a nice midrange. It develops ~110 rwhp and has a top speed of ~160.

The R1 redlines at 13,750 rpm, develops ~155 rwhp and is electronically limited to 184 mph. (255 rear wheel ponies with the turbo kit and the race ECU for speeds of ~215).
    Hello, my name is OUTRACE and I'm a motorcyclist. It has been zero days since my last ride.

haha

btw, how well did you guys follow the posted limit? ive been on drives where everyone is trying to do a hundred plus and i dont feel comfortable doing that, rahter my wallet doesnt, tickets suck

kyle
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Quote Originally Posted by OUTRACE
    For the record, it's a Yamaha R1.

The FZ1 is a nice comfortable streetbike with a nice midrange. It develops ~110 rwhp and has a top speed of ~160.

The R1 redlines at 13,750 rpm, develops ~155 rwhp and is electronically limited to 184 mph. (255 rear wheel ponies with the turbo kit and the race ECU for speeds of ~215).
    Oopsie! Thanks for the correction. Not sure where my brain was since I new better.

Quote Originally Posted by fwMiata
    haha

btw, how well did you guys follow the posted limit? ive been on drives where everyone is trying to do a hundred plus and i dont feel comfortable doing that, rahter my wallet doesnt, tickets suck

kyle
    There were posted speed limits? Actually, those of us that have thus far "sponsored" these drives tend to be old-ish farts who don't want tickets either.

For philosophy, read the articles referenced here.

If you have concerns, chat with some of us off-line some time. It's good to know the people you drive/ride/tour with...

However, I will say this. All passes (I think we only passed 4 cars during the 160 mile route) were completed quickly, safely, in a passing zone and courteously - well... I may have flipped off the girl in the Honda that crossed the double yellow while attempting to describe a straight line before I decided it was imperative that I not follow her any further...

No one crossed the double yellow.

There was generally a nice 1 second gap between all cars.

We DID pay close attention to the posted limit when driving through municipalities and places where there might be kids playing ball in their front yards.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Dang... I guess someday she'll thank me for the great ride... One can always hope...

Please add your comments so that I can update and expand the article.
    Nice write up!

Quote Originally Posted by fwMiata
    btw, how well did you guys follow the posted limit?
    Sometimes it takes a little "extra effort" for the tail to catch up to the dog, so the "responsible adults" were best served in the #2 or #3 position.

But for the record, I never held the throttles on the R1 completely open for more than 10 seconds. I promise. Really. I swear.

However, I will say this. All passes (I think we only passed 4 cars during the 160 mile route) were completed quickly, safely, in a passing zone and courteously - well... I may have flipped off the girl in the Honda that crossed the double yellow while attempting to describe a straight line before I decided it was imperative that I not follow her any further...
    Minivans that dart out in front of you and forget where the gas is ought to be blown up!

waiting for anger management crack...

Quote Originally Posted by brock
    Minivans that dart out in front of you and forget where the gas is ought to be blown up!
    Heh... Almost forgot about that one... I bet there was a moment where you were wondering if I'd reached that "old people have better insurance" phase... Those anger management classes are really paying off.

Quote Originally Posted by brock
    Heh... Almost forgot about that one... I bet there was a moment where you were wondering if I'd reached that "old people have better insurance" phase... Those anger management classes are really paying off.
    Not for me!

Chassis Designer

me and lisa had a great time...overall it was done very responsibly (mostly). i think i only got sideways about two or three times the whole trip lol
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast