Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how fast have you gone?

Quote Originally Posted by aalvarez04 View Post
    i feel the same way. With my mustang when i hit 145 my scoop flew off 250dollars later the useless scoop went back on
    Ooops!

Yep, I've had my Miata up to say 125-130 mph going down a large hill on a highway and as much as I love the car that was starting to get a bit scary! OTOH, its amazing how well even a stock Corvette or Viper grips the road at speeds in excess of 150 mph! Too bad I don't have the , in the mean time I'll just have to keep bumming rides from older, richer race buddies!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    OTOH, its amazing how well even a stock Corvette or Viper grips the road at speeds in excess of 150 mph!
    Heck, even my Supra felt perfectly planted at over 135. I couldn't believe how stable it was...
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    Heck, even my Supra felt perfectly planted at over 135. I couldn't believe how stable it was...
    Oh yeah, Supras are suprisingly stable at high speeds too bad their power curve wasn't the same! Back when the Racing Freaks was going on, this one guy had a 600whp Supra but the power was soo peaky that he couldn't drive the damn thing and cars with 100-200hp less would beat him unless we did the extreame topend runs! There were a few high hp Supras that would race up to 170-200 mph with the turbo vettes & vipers etc.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123