Thread: Would you park here?

Question Would you park here?

Linkie

I think id you have a car in a packed city, this is not such a bad Idea
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

That parking garage has recieved a lot of press coverage.
    See here

Here is the strange but true story of one of these things getting a small technical glitch.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

There's apparently one of those things going in Victory Park. I'd rather use one of those than trust some valet to treat my car with respect.

S.

I think it would be pretty cool to use that. Only thing is what happens oh say a few years down the road when the machine starts to get old. I mean, think of your PC at work or at home, how often do they crash? What if that thing malfunctions with your car inside how will you get it out? Will you have to wait for them to fix the machine first? Don't get me wrong there are so many good things about that setup. Like you can leave your radio in the car and not worry about it getting stolen or you car broken into in general. You wouldn't have to worry about the A-hole in an SUV that can't park strait, or some kid that swings the door open and nails your precious baby. And so on and so on. There are lots of things that are awsome about that. The only thing to me would be the reliability of the system. And not to mention the read out system, what if some bum just decides to pee all over it and it frys, or someone smashes it just to be malicious? Then what happens to your car? Also what if some terrorist puts a pipe bomb or some other type of explosive in there the system will be broken and 1,000+ cars are all stuck inside for days weeks or even months.

I think its a great idea; but I also think some of those issues would have to be addressed sooner or later. I think most of the problems that can occur are man made problems and I just don't think you can take out the human part of the equation.
    Blah blah blah!