Thread: Must See Hockey Thread

Exclamation Must See Hockey Thread

The ugliness occurred with 3:39 left as Robidas was flattened by Tootoo's sucker punch and had to be carted off the ice on a stretcher. After Tootoo's late hit on Modano in the Dallas zone, Robidas rushed to challenge him. Tootoo turned to face Robidas with a punch directly to Robi's chin, laying him out. Robidas stayed down for several minutes before being lifted onto the stretcher.

Click Here for Video. The event happens at about 3:20 in this video.

Here are the calls the refs made

Somehow, Robidas ended up with a charging penalty while all Tootoo got was just a double-minor for roughing, but the Stars did capitalize on the ensuing power play.
    Blah blah blah!

I'm surprised Modano didn't throw down his stick and gloves.

I almost thought he was. But I think that second or two he thought about it and changed his mind was a good choice though, he'd of gotten stomped. Forward vs. Defensman..... hmmm not much chance there.

The amazing thing to me was the fact that Robi got a penalty and the other guy didn't get ejected. I counted at least 3 other penalties on that guy.
    Blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post
    I almost thought he was. But I think that second or two he thought about it and changed his mind was a good choice though, he'd of gotten stomped. Forward vs. Defensman..... hmmm not much chance there.

The amazing thing to me was the fact that Robi got a penalty and the other guy didn't get ejected. I counted at least 3 other penalties on that guy.
    I'd think that play will be reveiwed at the league office Monday morning and they'll dole out a suspension. What a cheap shot artist Tootoo is. He'll get his the next time we play them again.

Damn, I missed another crazy game! At least I was busy meeting Brett Hull getting my jersey signed at the Pros vs Prospects game in Frisco! The perks of knowing everyone that works at the rink and wearing my ref gear from working on the other side also helps!

I would hope the league reviews it and dishes out some extra punishment otherwise the players will continue to fill that role with nasty hits, such as Hatcher breaking Roenick's jaw after Roenick took Modano out and didn't receive any suspension and I think he didn't even get a penalty either! That is one of the problems that many, like myself, think the league needs to fix to better the game. I love huge bone crushing hits but taking guys out or taking cheap shots needs to be stopped.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

I agree whole-heartedly. I want to see hockey and don't get me wrong I like the violent part of the game. I like to see the big clean hits, and I think there needs to be more of it. I don't like the cheap shots; but I don't think they should penalize someone for retaliation after something like that.
    Blah blah blah!

I dunno. I really like seeing the Texas Tornadoes. The games are much cheaper and the players are more undisciplined. Plenty of fights, higher scores and good action.

The NHL is becoming too much like the NFL in that it's more about the money than the love of the game. The strike really turned me off to the NHL. NHL from the 70's and 80's was the best. The game seemed to be more pure. Just a bunch of guys doing it because they loved it, no matter what they got paid.

Still love the Stars though. Just not as inclined to spend as much time following them.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)