Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pad & rotor recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    hmm...the planetmiata link is invalid...they still around?
    Never heard of that place till this thread...
    Link was bad... try this one:

http://www.planetmiata.com/

They have been around for a while, but it looks like there brake special has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    You can use the same calipers, but you will need the bigger brackets to use with the bigger rotors.
    Thanks for the info, does it make a big difference? Also where can I source the larger brackets and how much should I expect to pay? Any other hardware/misc parts I need to get with it to make the conversion?

I need to decide before I order rotors/pads from TDR if I'm gonna get 1.6 or 1.8
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Thanks for the info, does it make a big difference? Also where can I source the larger brackets and how much should I expect to pay? Any other hardware/misc parts I need to get with it to make the conversion?

I need to decide before I order rotors/pads from TDR if I'm gonna get 1.6 or 1.8
    I got my 1.8 brakes from TDR. He included all 4 calipers, brackets, and rotors, and included a set of barely used HPS front pads that he had laying around. Don't recall exactly what he charged me but I think it was in the $200-300 range.

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    hmm...the planetmiata link is invalid...they still around?
    Never heard of that place till this thread...
    Try this...

Of course, when I Googled it, it came up first, but the next couple of hits appeared to be, ah, less than flattering.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I got my 1.8 brakes from TDR. He included all 4 calipers, brackets, and rotors, and included a set of barely used HPS front pads that he had laying around. Don't recall exactly what he charged me but I think it was in the $200-300 range.
    Called him and he said he doesn't carry rotors not sure about the brackets/calipers. But if the calipes are the same then I'll just use generic napa rotors and get the HP+ wonder if the dealer still carries the brackets
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Called him and he said he doesn't carry rotors not sure about the brackets/calipers. But if the calipes are the same then I'll just use generic napa rotors and get the HP+ wonder if the dealer still carries the brackets
    He may have thought you meant NEW rotors... He occasionally picks up wrecked Miatas and parts them out... that is where mine came from. Also, give Craig a call. He is parting out a '95M and he still had the brake components when I was there picking up my differential from him last month.

IMO, it did make a nice difference even with Vatozone pads, and with track pads it certianly does! The only thing you need to do the conversion is the larger rotors and the caliper brackets to make'em fit. Problem is finding a set of 1.8 caliper brackets for sale since this is a fairly popular mod. I got lucky and got my set from a Spec guy at MSR. Hope ya snag that set of caliper brackets!

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Try this...

Of course, when I Googled it, it came up first, but the next couple of hits appeared to be, ah, less than flattering.
    Ya thanks guys, guess I was a wee bit lazy to Google it or so!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12