Thread: Cool Breeze Scoop - The Reviews Are In

Default Cool Breeze Scoop - The Reviews Are In

Just curious to know what everyone thinks of their scoops. There are still 5 waiting to be delivered. Maybe they'll be picked up this Wednesday night. Hint Hint

Anyway, the weather has been too nice to really get a feel for how effective these things are.

Today it was a bit warmer and more humid. I drove to work, top down with the A/C on and the scoop. It was actually nice and the scoop does make a difference in the hot footwells. I also ran part way without the A/C, just the blower and it was still very comfortable.

We'll see how well it does in August but right now, I like it.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Just curious to know what everyone thinks of their scoops. There are still 5 waiting to be delivered. Maybe they'll be picked up this Wednesday night. Hint Hint

Anyway, the weather has been too nice to really get a feel for how effective these things are.

Today it was a bit warmer and more humid. I drove to work, top down with the A/C on and the scoop. It was actually nice and the scoop does make a difference in the hot footwells. I also ran part way without the A/C, just the blower and it was still very comfortable.

same here my feet felt much better. install was easy, but the velcro wouldn't stick for a few minutes but it works superb now.

Thumbs up

Mine works great! You can feel the air being blown right at the footwells. I thought at first the air would blow at the top of the dash and then wrap down, but this design is "spot on," as the Brits would say.
    Randy (who'd rather be )
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
    2005 Saab 9³ Arc 2.0L Turbo

Snap, I need to pick mine up I guess.... anybody close to Grapevine want to pick mine up at a Wednesday meet?
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    Snap, I need to pick mine up I guess.... anybody close to Grapevine want to pick mine up at a Wednesday meet?
    Magma works in Los Colinas. I can give it to him. Let me know.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Havent got mine yet either, maybe Majik will bring it by the next autocross in Mineral Wells.
    99 Miata Black

Magma works in Los Colinas. I can give it to him. Let me know.
    Magma or Driftdevil, I can grab it from either of them

Thanks!
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Michael The Schmeckel Ted the Red's Avatar

I liked the Scoop when I used it. My rear window is shot on the soft top so if there is a chance of rain I use the hardtop sooo, I did not get to try the scoop out in the manor it was designed during the 90 degree wheather. I did however jam it in the driver window molding and ride home with it that way. It makes me want to try out the side vents that the company offers.
    Michael
    1990 Classic Red "C" Package with Hardtop.
    1990 White project from Heck!

I am full of good ideas, just most people don't call it good ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze View Post
    Havent got mine yet either, maybe Majik will bring it by the next autocross in Mineral Wells.
    I am probably not coming to the race this weekend, but let me know what a good time is for you and we can meet up.

So far I am liking mine, especially in cooler but sunny weather the breeze is very nice.

Mine has been sitting on the workbench in my garage for a few weeks now. It could just be a placebo effect, but it seems like my garage is at least 10 degrees cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Mine has been sitting on the workbench in my garage for a few weeks now. It could just be a placebo effect, but it seems like my garage is at least 10 degrees cooler.
    +1
    Blah blah blah!

Mine was so much cooler today, I had to remove it just to keep from freezing.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Banned

The easiest way to get air to the foot well was to just remove the obnoxious cover over the fresh air vent when I put the Machismo on a diet. Had to cover it in the winter, brrrrr. Of course I have no heat / or A/C either, so needed some air movement.

I used mine on the trip to Austin.
    Worked well, although it wasn't to hot.
    Not noisy or intrusive.

I'm eagerly awaiting the reviews for the GTS Cupholder Deluxe Turbo...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

I haven't even put mine on yet, but I swear it feels about 40 degrees cooler today...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    I haven't even put mine on yet, but I swear it feels about 40 degrees cooler today...
    See?? Just owning it makes you feel cooler!

Which doesn't explain why I feel cold too and I haven't picked mine up yet. Maybe I'm just cool all around.

Nah, that can't be it
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata