Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TDR at MSR - June 23rd, a new direction

Default TDR at MSR - June 23rd, a new direction

Since Mike and Gary are concerned about filling up this event, and since that other thread has gotten off track, lets start out fresh on a new thread. Despite what was said, I want ya'll to know that I think this will be the best "bang for the buck" that you will ever see. Not only will you be out there with your peers, all in Miatas, but the expertise of the instructors from APEX is also in Miatas. Most of them are Spec Miata racers, and I can guarentee they know how to drive! For novices, in particular, you couldn't get this kind, and quality, of instruction for $160 anywhere.

So, if you really want to learn to drive your Miata, this is the best place to do it. If you only get four sessions, that's $40/session. As a member, you would still be paying $25/session, have no instructor of any kind, nor get a free meal! [B]AND[B], I guarentee you will have more fun that you ever imagined in a Miata..................... Now go and sign up so you can

P.S. I wish I were a good instructor. I would love to be involved, but I know I'm not. I can show you, but I'm not good in the right seat.......
    Last edited by MadMerv; 04-11-2007 at 08:39 AM. Reason: postscript

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    Since Mike and Gary are concerned about filling up this event, and since that other thread has gotten off track, lets start out fresh on a new thread. Despite what was said, I want ya'll to know that I think this will be the best "bang for the buck" that you will ever see. Not only will you be out there with your peers, all in Miatas, but the expertise of the instructors from APEX is also in Miatas. Most of them are Spec Miata racers, and I can guarentee they know how to drive! For novices, in particular, you couldn't get this kind, and quality, of instruction for $160 anywhere.

So, if you really want to learn to drive your Miata, this is the best place to do it. If you only get four sessions, that's $40/session. As a member, you would still be paying $25/session, have no instructor of any kind, nor get a free meal! [B]AND[B], I guarentee you will have more fun that you ever imagined in a Miata..................... Now go and sign up so you can

P.S. I wish I were a good instructor. I would love to be involved, but I know I'm not. I can show you, but I'm not good in the right seat.......

Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    My dad thought you were a good instructor.

See you guys there! No on the track, it slows you down.

Like Merv always says, "Improve the nut behind the wheel before worrying about modifications"

This is Seat time, seat time, seat time.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Sure you're still not accepting larger 4 door coupe miatas with triangles in the engine :)
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

No Wankelweinies allowed
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

So, if you really want to learn to drive your Miata, this is the best place to do it. If you only get four sessions, that's $40/session. As a member, you would still be paying $25/session, have no instructor of any kind, nor get a free meal! [b]AND[b], I guarentee you will have more fun that you ever imagined in a Miata..................... Now go and sign up so you can
    Any TCB knows this the best deal ever!
    Gabriel

MAN this is really tempting me

Okay I may show up. I'm not sure when I'll find out positively though.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

I also am really thinking about this, I even downloaded, printed, and filled out the entry forms, but I would prefer to have a roll bar and a harness. . . decisions
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Ok the phrase here is "Just Do It!" Trust me you will thank yourself when you have a smile permanetly planted on your face. The key to remember is that you are not only paying for track time, but instrucition as well. If you haven't been on a track this is an excellent time as there will only be Miata's at this event instructed by Miata drivers.

Is it for everyone? No probabaly not, but if you want to see what a Miata happens when you put a miata in third or fourth gear I would say you had better send you money in.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M View Post
    instructed by Miata drivers.
    Well, I have had altiain tell me to be smoother, and POS tell me to stop driving like a , so Miata driver instruction is nothing new for me. The one main question is, will my student loan be in before May 15?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    Well, I have had altiain tell me to be smoother, and POS tell me to stop driving like a , so Miata driver instruction is nothing new for me. The one main question is, will my student loan be in before May 15?
    Remember everything you learned in AutoX? Well forget it, at least for this event. Track driving and AutoX are two different animals.

The basics transfer over but it does require different skills.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Remember everything you learned in AutoX? Well forget it, at least for this event. Track driving and AutoX are two different animals.

Actually, since zx3 boy actually learned something at autocross, the skills transfer pretty well...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post

I've spent a little time in the right seat in both formats, and I'd disagree with that assessment. The basic autocrossing skills - control interfacing, looking ahead, car control - translate over to lapping days very well.

It has also been my experience that students with moderate autocross experience come up to speed on an unfamiliar road course much quicker than people without any autocrossing background. YMMV.
    Last edited by altiain; 04-12-2007 at 10:13 AM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    I've spent a little time in the right seat in both formats, and I'd disagree with that assessment. The basic autocrossing skills - control interfacing, looking ahead, car control - translate over to lapping days very well.

It has also been my experience that students with moderate autocross experience come up to speed on an unfamiliar road course much quicker than people without any autocrossing background. YMMV.
    Guys, let's not go here. No need to re-hash the old "autoX v.s road racers" debate in this thread. Just like skiing vs. snow boarding, there are as many similarities as there are differences between the two...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Guys, let's not go here. No need to re-hash the old "autoX v.s road racers" debate in this thread. Just like skiing vs. snow boarding, there are as many similarities as there are differences between the two...

2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post

Thanks Speedy. That's all I was trying to convey. Naturally anyone with seat time is going to have some advantage over someone who has never driven a performance event.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Well, I am 99% sure I'm going roll-bar or not. I just have to get the $$ together. Is anyone going to have a prep tech day? I have a to do list

I will be willing to lend a hand and offer up what little knowledge I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    I will be willing to lend a hand and offer up what little knowledge I have.
    That shouldn't take long...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    That shouldn't take long...

That's what she said....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast