Thread: Dyno near McKinney

Default Dyno near McKinney

Are their any dynos near McKinney. I am getting a new exhuast and want to get a base line dyno to see if I gained any HP or lost HP on the S2000.

Thanks
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Are their any dynos near McKinney. I am getting a new exhuast and want to get a base line dyno to see if I gained any HP or lost HP on the S2000.

Thanks
    Robert
    Yes. Forced Induction Systems has a dyno at their facility. It's in a hanger at the airport. Corners of Custer and Virginia, then west about a half mile. It's a mustang awd dyno. You should be able to dyno your car. Also check forced performance.

www.fi-systems.com
    www.forcedperformance.com

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I'd contact ATSAaron or ATSChristin at atsracing

They are members of MME
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Banned

Yo Robert, do you live near McKinney? Didn't know we were neighbors. Thanks for info last season on the blown head and keeping the Machismo alive for the final point standings.

Johnwag and onething,

Thanks for the feedback I will call fi-systems when the exhaust comes in. Denton is a little to far I want to dyno the car then go home and put the exhaust on then go back to the dyno. To minimize variables with the weather. I also may try a AERO muffler if the magnaflow is to loud. Their web site looks good I'm sure they would not lie just to sell their muffler

Machismo

Yes I live near McKinney I am in Lowery Crossing. It is a small town just south of the airport. Glad you were able to get the head fixed.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Denton is a little to far I want to dyno the car then go home and put the exhaust on then go back to the dyno.
    You might give Aaron at call then... he's been known to let certain club members dyno, use their lift to remove some exhaust bit, redyno, then put them back on (when they found out that no-exhaust on a Miata actually lowered their HP numbers).
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Have you tried taking out the resonator on the stock exhaust? I had it done on my S2K last week for like $25 and the sound is exactly what I wanted. Quiet until 3-4k then its all rumbly on the accel and screams like a racecar in vtec, no drone and can't hear it on the highway or at idle.

The thing is the size of most car's regular mufflers.
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

TheChadVIII I like the way the stock exhaust sounds. I am looking to lower the weight of the car, any hp gains will be small if any. But I should be able to take about 50lb off of the car. I just hope it is not to loud. I must be getting old.

I reccomend ATS as well, very nice guys and a buddy of mine worked there for a few summers. Rotary performance also has a pretty good dyno. I doubt you made much power if any on the exhaust on the S. We put the comptech i/h on my gf's 00 and it feels faster but could just be the increased sound faking me out.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

+1
    the guys at ATS are really cool, and they do excellent work. and if you happen to have an MR2 they have good parts, that hopefully here soon i will have on my MR2.