Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what's a good lap time at Hallett in reverse?

Edmond, OK - right on the way to Hallett!

I just ran it clockwise this weekend in my '96 R with old Kuhmo's and was able to get a 1:39.745 for my best time. Had issues with my brakes early on in the runs so I probably could have seen better.

New brakes are due before I do another event!
    If you are not living on the edge ...
    you're taking up too much space!

That's fast! You haven't lost your driving abilities. What was Tasha's fastest time?
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    That's fast! You haven't lost your driving abilities. What was Tasha's fastest time?
    She was awesome ... started out scared and in the mid to upper 2 minute mark ... by the end of day she was knocking off a second a lap & fiunished with a best of 2:00.265!

edit: this was her very first track experience, only 1 autocross previous for her last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Checker View Post
    I just ran it clockwise this weekend in my '96 R with old Kuhmo's and was able to get a 1:39.745 for my best time. Had issues with my brakes early on in the runs so I probably could have seen better.

New brakes are due before I do another event!
    Is this really you????????????

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    Is this really you????????????
    Who else would it be, old man?!?!?

Original Outlaws ... mount up!

[IMG]http://www.checkerstripe.com/albums/album70/Hallett1.sized.jpg[IMG]
    a buddy of mine from out there said there's an open PCA event at Hallett again this weekend. I'm thinking about going again.

I can't imagine getting a full second faster yesterday. I wish I had gone on saturday with you.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    I've only done the track CCW (miatas at hallett '06) so I can't give you a lap time. I have pictured the 9-8-7 section in my mind though. Your car will have plenty of power to get through there as long as you carry momentum through 9, into 8. Reverse will offer a new and thrilling experience in itself.
    Maybe icepenguin will chime in with his experience from driving there.
    Even though I've probably been on the track at least 30 or more times, I've only run in CW maybe 3 times in the past 3 years! I don't even remember any lap times for CW. This weekend I had horrible allergies, the worst hayfever, so I only did the first 2 sessions and slept in the truck all day. I only got a 1:37 in the race Miata. Not sure if it was the traffic, going CW or just being sick, but my best lap time in my street car is a 1:38 going CCW! So the 1:37 sucks considering the race Miata has RA1's and we just installed a used JR kit. Oh well, I still had fun and got a free full size pic from my first session since I was sick all day!

Per your original question: I've never heard of running it CW. It's gotta be 4-5 seconds slower.
    I was informed this weekend that the overall lap record at Hallett is actually held going CW! I'll have to confirm that though.

Ha, I noticed the sticker on the rollbar!

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    I can't imagine getting a full second faster yesterday. I wish I had gone on saturday with you.
    Hey, I go usually go to Hallett every month with SNKSKNR. All my relatives are in Tulsa and I have an Aunt about 15 min from Hallett!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

yep, I would have posted a mid 1.3xxx in the JR Miata Saturday, finially got away from the bozo's (atom's, etc.) to have some clean track times, and left the damn transponder on the C3 vette for the last session!!! AARRRGGG!!!!

Oh well... still had a blast out there! It's sooo worth the monthly drive from Dallas! I'll be back up there 26 MAY.

I've run that track now for the past 4 years!

BTW, the Miata is now a GT1 class car only! No more HST for us!!

So, you guys in GT1, watch out for me in the corners! heh...
    -Brian
    '99 supercharge MX5, '92 SPEC MX5 (shared w/icepenguin66), '02 ZO6 track car, '99 Viper RT/10, '96 LT4 vette, '79 vette, '07 Jeep Commander HEMI (to pull everything!)

a buddy of mine from out there said there's an open PCA event at Hallett again this weekend. I'm thinking about going again.
    Yeah? What day? I might be able to do a Sat. only ... but I'd need to get the brakes done before then.

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    I was informed this weekend that the overall lap record at Hallett is actually held going CW! I'll have to confirm that though.
    This is true. I believe the red panoz holds it now...he and the silver gt3 run similar times.

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

this is why my times where lower =P

Damn lap traffic

Stinkin Neons!!!
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Where are you now?
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Where are you now?
    thats turn 2, the u turn at the bottom of the 2ne straight

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    Stinkin Neons!!!

srt-4...lol

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    thats turn 2, the u turn at the bottom of the 2ne straight
    I was begging for more than one wheel to get power out of there, ever lap.

Trail braking into that corner is probably my favorite part of the course in CW.

I was begging for more than one wheel to get power out of there, ever lap.

Trail braking into that corner is probably my favorite part of the course in CW.
    i drifted turn 2 ever lap of the first run, was dropping 2ne late and on a double apex it gave me the fastest way around the turn but did want to kill my tires and get in trouble

hallett is so much fun. Is MSR equally fun? Eagle's Canyon looks boring to me, with a the 90* turns...but I'm a track novice so i don't really know what I'm talking about.

hallett is so much fun. Is MSR equally fun? Eagle's Canyon looks boring to me, with a the 90* turns...but I'm a track novice so i don't really know what I'm talking about.
    Eagle's Canyon is MUCH better than it looks in pictures... boring is not a word I would use to describe it. The elevation changes make for several blind areas that keep you on your toes. Coming over the crest of the back straightaway at 80 only to see a hard left at the bottom of the hill with a pond just beyond the track definitely registered on the pucker scale the first few times around. I imagine that it would take a ton of track time before you started getting bored with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast