Thread: New Dyno

Default New Dyno

I got a chance to do a few pulls on the Dyno today.

Mods: Greddy Turbo Kit, Magnecore Wires, NGK plugs, GFB BOV, JR Inj Controller, MSD Timing Box, 2.5" DP, 2.5" Exhaust (no cat)

146.64whp/126.97tq @ 5.5psi
    Last edited by ray_sir_6; 04-26-2007 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Dyno Charts
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

What kind of Dyno did you use, and where?

Great! Is the increase mainly from the timing box?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    What kind of Dyno did you use, and where?
    The one at Alamo in Arlington. Most people say it reads a tad low, but whatever.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Default Loose plugs

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    Great! Is the increase mainly from the timing box?
    Well, when I put the new plugs in, the old ones weren't even tight. Didn't even need anything more than the extension with socket to get them out. That was probably why the first dyno was so low.

Nice gains!

Last time I had a car on a dyno, it was at Alamo. Despite what I've read about 'em (mostly bad), it was a good experience. Nice folks. This is the first I've heard about their dyno being on the low side, though. Sounds promising.

What do you have planned next?
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Quote Originally Posted by juxt3r View Post
    Nice gains!

Last time I had a car on a dyno, it was at Alamo. Despite what I've read about 'em (mostly bad), it was a good experience. Nice folks. This is the first I've heard about their dyno being on the low side, though. Sounds promising.

What do you have planned next?
    Well, most people are claiming it's low, but I got the exact same readings there as I did at ATS in Denton. This was more than a yr ago, and on my Celica. I saw Brice at the Tony's Meet and told him I wanted to get a few pulls on the dyno. He told me to come by tomorrow (sunday) and he would get it done.

Hmm...next...

Well, I have a 28X6X3 IC coming in on Wednesday, and a MBC will arrive tomorrow, plus the Begi 2025 AFPR, and getting some 1.8 injectors. I am probably gonna tune it at 11:1 a/f and 8psi, then when I get the IC piping, I'll do the 1.8 injectors, FMIC, and shoot for 10-12 psi. I just want to keep the a/f safe (11:1 Non-IC, 12.5:1 IC) and not run over 90psi on my Walbro 255 pump. If I can run a few more lbs of boost and still meet those requirements, then I'll go as high as I can.

I already have 450cc inj for a standalone. Just looking to max the stock ECU first.

Yeah, Alamo's dyno isn't low. My RSX dyno'd a little on the high side (compared to other stock dyno #'s) there.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

I'm interested to see what you get out of it with larger injectors, 7-8 psi and bigger intercooler. If it breaks 170 whp and doesn't blow up then I will turbo my LE :)
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    I'm interested to see what you get out of it with larger injectors, 7-8 psi and bigger intercooler. If it breaks 170 whp and doesn't blow up then I will turbo my LE :)
    Don't need bigger inj to run 8 psi. That is what the JR Inj Controller box does. I am currently logging 7.8 a/f under full boost. I just need to get the AFPR installed so that I don't run over 100psi, since I have the 12:1 Vortech FPR. I can lean it to a safe 11:1 till the FMIC. I won't go over 8psi without the FMIC. Then with some 265cc inj I should be able to run 10-12 psi since I'll only be running 12.5:1 a/f.

Quote Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
    Don't need bigger inj to run 8 psi. That is what the JR Inj Controller box does. I am currently logging 7.8 a/f under full boost. I just need to get the AFPR installed so that I don't run over 100psi, since I have the 12:1 Vortech FPR. I can lean it to a safe 11:1 till the FMIC. I won't go over 8psi without the FMIC. Then with some 265cc inj I should be able to run 10-12 psi since I'll only be running 12.5:1 a/f.
    Can the motor take it on the stock bottom end? Is the JR inc controller box kind of like a APEXi VAFC or SAFC? Sounds almost like a FMU setup controlled by a piggyback air/fuel controller.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Can the motor take it on the stock bottom end? Is the JR inc controller box kind of like a APEXi VAFC or SAFC? Sounds almost like a FMU setup controlled by a piggyback air/fuel controller.
    It references boost and then keeps the injectors open longer. That's all I know.

buy ms pnp.

It's VERY tempting. $700 for a PnP ECU. Need to wait a little before I can spend that.