Thread: Just finished putting a PWR radiator in.

Talking Just finished putting a PWR radiator in.

Had the car completely disasembled and noticed a problem. The PWR obviously needed brakets but looking at the radiator that was in the Miata there were none. Stupid Cheap Aftermarket POS.

Quick call to Gary verified my worst nightmare. He gave me a couple of numbers to call but had no luck. Unable to find the brackets I decided to try something else.

I used a 1/2 inch wide wood chisel to remove the mounting brackets off the POS radiator as they were literally glued on. Messaged them with a little TLC (and a big hammer) and drilled out a hole for the mounting screw on each side. To top it off I installed the TDR radiator shield. Everything lines up and fits perfect.

Best thing. There are no leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Had the car completely disasembled and noticed a problem. The PWR obviously needed brakets but looking at the radiator that was in the Miata there were none. Stupid Cheap Aftermarket POS.

Quick call to Gary verified my worst nightmare. He gave me a couple of numbers to call but had no luck. Unable to find the brackets I decided to try something else.

I used a 1/2 inch wide wood chisel to remove the mounting brackets off the POS radiator as they were literally glued on. Messaged them with a little TLC (and a big hammer) and drilled out a hole for the mounting screw on each side. To top it off I installed the TDR radiator shield. Everything lines up and fits perfect.

Best thing. There are no leaks.
    You sure there aren't any leaks?

That damn radiator cap doesn't seal real well on the PWR radiator.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I drove it like I stole it and made certain to get the engine good and hot. No leaks that I can find.

any pics?
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Good work, I ran into that problem too, the automatic radiators don't have separate brackets. I ended getting mine off the guy who bought my used radiator.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

No pics sorry. Camera bats are dead.