Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbo Vs. Supercharger

Quote Originally Posted by NC Eunos View Post
    Allrite guys i have sort of a decision to make and that is to use a forced induction on my NC after the warrenty goes up.

1. Turbo or supercharger?
    2. How much PSI should i run?

3. keep in mind that i love the feel of the car and great handling, the car is gunna be used for more circuit and drift runs than straight-a-ways,.....

4......and the only reason for me to have forced induction is to smoke all those cocky camaros,and mustangs with their music blaring to the point of premature defness off the line and from a 40 roll. But dont get me wrong i love all cars just like jesus loves everyone,

5...i just hate it when muscle-heads overlook smaller engines.
    Thanks
    1. Both. twincharging is the only route to go. It gives you all the good attributes of both a supercharger and a turbo. If you are lucky, you'll get all the bad attributes, too! That car would be pretty hot.

2. I'm thinking 40-50. Hey, if a big rig can do it, you can. Big rigs are slow, however, so maybe we should shoot even higher than that. Try for 75-85psi.

3. Seriously, spend your money on springs and shocks. Ever seen a 1986 corolla drift? They are low-power vehicles.

4. Buy a bike. Then you can put those mustang and f-body guys in their place...and the Germans and Italians.

5. 600cc is a small engine in my book.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boisking View Post
    1. Both. twincharging is the only route to go. It gives you all the good attributes of both a supercharger and a turbo. If you are lucky, you'll get all the bad attributes, too! That car would be pretty hot.

2. I'm thinking 40-50. Hey, if a big rig can do it, you can. Big rigs are slow, however, so maybe we should shoot even higher than that. Try for 75-85psi.

3. Seriously, spend your money on springs and shocks. Ever seen a 1986 corolla drift? They are low-power vehicles.

4. Buy a bike. Then you can put those mustang and f-body guys in their place...and the Germans and Italians.

5. 600cc is a small engine in my book.

LAWL bo to the rescue

enzo swap > *

I still a newb at some of this stuff and a lot of these post are very helpful .... for the most part -_- I mean come on 75 to 85 PSI?

first off if i ever manage to ever get that thing to spool im pretty sure my engine will blow once it hits.

And second if my engine isnt in pieces by then my stock tires would churn all day to the wire.

But its all rite my friends and I say that kinda stuff all the time and i really don't mind the absurdness of the humor.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Good points Iain. Just so you know here is an NC supercharger: https://2693453429.monstercommercesi...WPROD&ProdID=2
    In case you guys didn't here the news, SOT no longer sells to the public. They are now in bed with FM.

As for that particular supercharger by SOT, well let's just say that SOT and BRP previously has not had a very good record of product development.

If you have an NC, you have a while to go yet before a vendor of any real reputation has a FI for you.
    99 Silver - FFS MP62 hotside, Powercard Pro, e-Cool, BTB, Aquamist WI, FFS Fuel Rail, FM springs, KYB AGX, Azenis, HDSDD, 207HP

Quote Originally Posted by chuckerants View Post
    In case you guys didn't here the news, SOT no longer sells to the public. They are now in bed with FM.

As for that particular supercharger by SOT, well let's just say that SOT and BRP previously has not had a very good record of product development.

If you have an NC, you have a while to go yet before a vendor of any real reputation has a FI for you.
    Bell is working on FI for the NC too.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    Bell is working on FI for the NC too.
    IIRC, they gave up on a SC for the NC citing cost. So in essence, they are starting over from square 1.

Seriously, I wouldn't count ANYONE as being anywhere close to having a workable NC FI yet.
    99 Silver - FFS MP62 hotside, Powercard Pro, e-Cool, BTB, Aquamist WI, FFS Fuel Rail, FM springs, KYB AGX, Azenis, HDSDD, 207HP

Quote Originally Posted by chuckerants View Post
    IIRC, they gave up on a SC for the NC citing cost. So in essence, they are starting over from square 1.

Seriously, I wouldn't count ANYONE as being anywhere close to having a workable NC FI yet.
    yes

I never suggested they did.

Now, if you are smart and bold, you can always attempt to engineer your own FI kit.

Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post
    I wasn't even aware that a sc/turbo kit has even been released yet for the NC's. I heard that the company Blitz from Japan was working on a turbo setup for the NC but wasn't yet released. If your trying to drift and do rolling drag races you would probably be better off with a turbo.
    its called a diy kit, turbocharge all the way...
    come to me if you need some info i'll show you some
    tricks for your bad ass ride, lol...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12