Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New kids on the block

Banned

Just make sure you guys do the 3.1 on a day it has not rained the night before. You would not believe how much sand washes across that section. Makes for some greasy turn ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Just make sure you guys do the 3.1 on a day it has not rained the night before. You would not believe how much sand washes across that section. Makes for some greasy turn ins.
    +1! Went to the driver's edge event on march31/April1 after MSR got 7" of rain and it was covered in debris. The 1.7 had running water in almost every braking zone and turn. Multiple cars spun out in every run group.

Well, I'm all for having a big group of Miatae out at MSR. However, I think it would be best if we did it AFTER Gary's track day.

• For folks on limited budgets, I'd rather they go to TDR @ MSR and get some quality instruction with their track time
    • I'd prefer to bring a "newbie" that has seen some track time at MSR
    • Personally, I'm not sure I want to invite a newbie that has no interest in Gary's event anyway

Think of this "member" day as an incentive to sign up for TDR@MSR...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

OK, I agree. I wasn't even thinking about the TDR event at the time. I don't want to step on anyones toes....besides it's a better deal anyway.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Edmond, OK - right on the way to Hallett!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    OK, I agree. I wasn't even thinking about the TDR event at the time. I don't want to step on anyones toes....besides it's a better deal anyway.
    However, you can take me sometime still!

I won't be able to do the TDR event because of a lame-o family reunion that weekend.
    If you are not living on the edge ...
    you're taking up too much space!

Banned

I can't make the TDR event either as I had originally planned. So, any of you guys out their making plans, let me know. I would love to join you guys for some flogging. I'll be glad to cover whatever costs might be involved.

I can do one each month and should have some time now that the house is finished.....and I REALLY need some seat time! PM me if you're serious.

I'm a newbie w/o a Miata I'd do the TDR event in a heartbeat if it were opened up to non-Miata's. My b-day is the same as yours Merv, we could do a b-day MSR event

Seriously though, I think I'm going to end up becoming a member sooner or later. It'd be cheaper than getting a Miata
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12