Thread: Bad Go Miata Experience

Default Bad Go Miata Experience

Okay, I am forced to recind my recommendation for Go Miata.

I ordered a Robbins top on 4/17. I got a message that it was backordered and should ship in 2 or 3 day. No problem.

2 Weeks later and still no shipping notice. I call them up and am told they are expecting a order in from Robins the next day and it should be in that order. Web site still says expected ship in 2 or 3 days

Next week no shipping notice so I call back. Oh they only received a partial order and it should be in within a day or two for shipping. We site still says expected ship in 2 or 3 days.

Well today still no shipping notice. I call back. Lo and behold the top is still not ready. This time I am told that I am moving up the queue (WTF does that mean?). I ask if she could tell me an actual ship date. Response was no she could not. She got snotty with me so I canceled the order.

I will keep a close eye on my CC statement in the next day or two as they batch process the refunds each day. I really hate doing that to a company but they have mishandled this entire process.

I really hate doing business with companies that charge me for product before they ship it...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    I really hate doing business with companies that charge me for product before they ship it...
    +1

Buy it from www.cabrioworld.com

That's where I got the top for my 92 B&T a few years back. They were great to deal with.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Thanks RJ. I will definately look into that once I verify they have refunded my money.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    once I verify they have refunded my money.
    Call your credit card company now and give them a heads-up of what's going on.

I've never had issues with the few times I ordered from Go Miata. I guess everyone screws up but how they handle it shows whether to do business with them again. Seems they dropped the ball on this one.

Here's hoping you get better results with the next vendor.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I can check my CC activity online. If it does not show by thursday morning I will call them.

Your CC company will be interested in companies that charge, don't ship, and don't refund the charges.

It's a PITA to have to go through it from the standpoint of dealing with crappy business people, but the CC companies make process real easy to do.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Banned

I too have had experiences with Go Miata. My header they sent was for a 90-93. I own a '96. It took two weeks just to finally talk to someone, and another two weeks to fix the mess. They tried to get me to send the old header back on my own pocket. I told 'em fat chance, and I wouldn't hesitate explaining my purchases with the Miata community.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I too have had experiences with Go Miata. My header they sent was for a 90-93. I own a '96. It took two weeks just to finally talk to someone, and another two weeks to fix the mess. They tried to get me to send the old header back on my own pocket. I told 'em fat chance, and I wouldn't hesitate explaining my purchases with the Miata community.

I guess you didn't hesitate. Did they resolve it to your satisfaction?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Banned

They did. Had a talk w/ a real nice Representative Lady. Not that I refuse to business w/ them, I still purchase a few items from them, but now I send Part #'s, instructions for application, and usually call them to check up on the order before it is sent. Most of the mistakes are coming when they have to get the stuff from other vendors and they ship from the suppliers. That's where the breakdown usually is. "Third Party" as usual.

Update, they did refund the money. The transaction posted to my CC last night.