Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TDR @ MSR Update - June 23, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Anymore spots open? I just read that it's open to other makes/models so I may bring the RX-8 out to have some fun.
    There are spots left. Call Gary. His phone # is a few posts up.

For all of you participating in the track event, I'd suggest you start thinking about getting your car ready for the event. Do NOT wait until the last minute to check all the vitals, only to find out you've got issues that will keep you off the track!

• Get your oil changed.
    • Check your tires for ample tread, and get an alignment now if you need/want one.
    • Check your brake pads!!! I'd suggest you have at the very minimum 50% pad left, especially on the fronts.
    • Check your radiator and cooling--it will be hot out there.
    • Make sure you car is inspected and up to date.
    • Before you go out to MSR, clean your car inside and out and remove all loose items floating around in your trunk, under the seats, etc...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    For all of you participating in the track event, I'd suggest you start thinking about getting your car ready for the event. Do NOT wait until the last minute to check all the vitals, only to find out you've got issues that will keep you off the track!

• Get your oil changed.
    • Check your tires for ample tread, and get an alignment now if you need/want one.
    • Check your brake pads!!! I'd suggest you have at the very minimum 50% pad left, especially on the fronts.
    • Before you go out to MSR, clean your car inside and out and remove all loose items floating around in your trunk, under the seats, etc...
    Very True!!! Great advice!!

I did an HPDE event at MSR on June 2. Four days before the event, my water pump pulley began to wobble violently. I ended up having to replace one of the pulley bolts and I replaced both belts as cheap insurance, since the main drive belt had stretched. Two days before the event, my upper radiator hose exploded. Thankfully, I was blessed with these problems before the day of the event.

Go through the tech sheet and know for certain that everything is prepared.

Is there "dress code", e.g. long pants etc.?
    Gabriel

Having personally completed two HPDE's with Apex Driving Academy, I know for a fact that long pants are required. Short sleeves are allowed though.
    More information can be found here.

Dunno about Apex, but from the TDR registration package:

Approved helmets, long sleeve cotton shirts, long pants, and closed toe shoes are required.

Normal for the track days I have been too.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmr2eater View Post
    Dunno about Apex, but from the TDR registration package:

Approved helmets, long sleeve cotton shirts, long pants, and closed toe shoes are required.

Normal for the track days I have been too.
    You are correct. I did a search for "pants" and found it.

Don't forget hydration! Bring water, gatorade, some fruit, a sandwich, whatever. You need food and water with you!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Yes, bring lots of fluid!
    For you: water or gatorade
    For the car: Extra quart of oil, extra brake fluid if you have some

For you NB and NC owners, it's a good idea to bring some tape to cover your headlights and especially your fog lights.

Also, fill up with gas as close to the track as possible. There are several stations in Cresson. Don't think it will be beneficial to run with a half a tank or less; you'll just have to leave and get more gas later. Also, be sure to air up your tires. Better to get to the track with a bit too much air than not enough.

And torque your wheels!!
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

OK...

Check list time.

Stuff for you

Long sleeve cotton shirt and long pants
    Narrow shoes (driving shoes)
    Helmet
    Hat
    Sunglasses
    Drinks and Snacks
    Folding chair
    Sunblock
    Umbrella (good to keep the sun off you too)
    Get a good night sleep and no late night drinking or hang-overs!

Stuff for your car

Extra Oil
    Extra Brake Fluid (Brake Fluid should have been flushed in the last 6 months too)
    Torque lug nuts
    Air up Tyres
    Painters Tape or Racer Tape for headlights/fog lights
    Plastic garbage bags (just in case it rains, you can keep your stuff dry)
    Magnetic car numbers or contrasting tape to make numbers
    Remove unnecessary stuff. Clean out your trunk, glove box, center console, door pockets and behind the seats
    Remove Floor Mats, Toll Tags, Radar Detectors, anything else that can become a projectile.
    Remove spare tire and lug wrench
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post

• Get your oil changed.
    • Change your clutch.
    edited.

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Any one trailering there car from the Dallas/Plano area that wouldn't mine an extra set of tires in the back of the truck?

Whoo hoo! Fluid flush and new brake pads on last night. I also did a nice little mod to my top latches to make them actually latch shut again. They weren't clicking shut like they are supposed to, so just a little drill hole and a screw and now they click shut. It's a crappy pic, but you can kinda tell where the screw is. I got it off the pointy board, but now I can't find it or I would post a link.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Ya know.....those latches are ADJUSTABLE!!!!!!!!! :sigh:

Hey Gary... any chance we can get a list of who is going and run groups they fall in?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    They are... but a lot of the NB latches have failed past the adjustability point... I got lucky and both of mine failed under warranty... and at different times.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    They are... but a lot of the NB latches have failed past the adjustability point... I got lucky and both of mine failed under warranty... and at different times.
    Speaking of failing latches, are NB and NA interchangeable? I actually have a broken latch. Ill post pictures later, but I need to replace it first.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Hey Gary... any chance we can get a list of who is going and run groups they fall in?
    Looking for a good time to go out and spectate?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    The keyword for mine is they were adjustable.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I know this is off topic, but anyone know how to adjust them? I have minor leak at the top edge of the driver side window when it rains hard.
    Gabriel

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast