Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: TDR @ MSR Update - June 23, 2007

Glad you made it home safely. Enjoyed talking with you at the end of the day!

Whoops! I got the wrong Steve. Sorry for the confusion
    Last edited by Sharpie; 06-25-2007 at 10:19 AM. Reason: wrong steve
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Default Great time, THX to Apex and TDR

Had a great time at the event. It was also great to meet a lot of fellow car nuts. Thanks to Gary and Apex for a well run and very fun time.

This was my first event in a Miata. Coming out of Porsche's (and a lot of PCA DE's) I was very impressed with how the Miata ran on the track. I now understand why a lot of the PCA instructors run Miata's too. I am also very happy with cost of car / parts / upgrades versus my old Porsche's. That whistling sound roaring past my ears was frequently not the sound of the car, but the sound of dollars exiting my bank account....very quickly.....

I was in the Red 92, #13
    rob76turbo

Thanks for all the fun Gary. The track was awsome as well as the cars and the turn out. I will be looking forward to the next event.
    Blah blah blah!

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Would like to thank john for tracking me down and yelling at me for getting very squirrelly coming out of turn 7 in the 3ed section. and thanks to my instructor Steve that told me not to brake or lift and just floor around #7 once and almost sending me off the track and down to the pond for a swim witch lead to me getting bitched at by john.

Think i maybe have to going back to out there to do some apex events.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    Would like to thank john for tracking me down and yelling at me for getting very squirrelly coming out of turn 7 in the 3ed section. and thanks to my instructor Steve that told me not to brake or lift and just floor around #7 once and almost sending me off the track and down to the pond for a swim witch lead to me getting bitched at by john.
    Umm...you sure that's the reason John had a little chat with you?
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I heard an exchange from Friday night that I think can top it...

miataspeedracer: I can't get it in!
    2K Miata: You're doing it wrong!
    JDMClassic: You want me to tug on it for a bit?(
    That was too funny, and I think it was speed who asked to do the tugging haha

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Thanks again to everyone who helped me tug on my hose Friday night! It was rather embarrasing to spew all over that parking lot...
    No problem man.. it was fun just hanging out at grumps!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Umm...you sure that's the reason John had a little chat with you?
    thats what he said, i didn't see him again and asked some of the other apex guys and they said that's all they heard. was a little concerned that i was told I'm doing grate from the guy next to me and then had john come to find me. if you know something i don't let me know, rather learn from mistakes then keep making them.

thats what he said, i didn't see him again and asked some of the other apex guys and they said that's all they heard. was a little concerned that i was told I'm doing grate from the guy next to me and then had john come to find me. if you know something i don't let me know, rather learn from mistakes then keep making them.
    Jeff, I know you get ahead of yourself, but I also know if you slow down and reread what you write before you hit send, You will spell Great like this, and not like this, GRATE.

You're a smart guy, and you can prove that to everyone else. Take your time bro.

Sorry, I'm a teacher and saw this as a teaching moment, I'm not giving you sh**.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

just another one of your "kids" Sharpie
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

No Tim, I've gotten to know him more and I believe he's much smarter than his posts show. I believe in you Jeff, you should be respected more.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Find out what it means to me!!!
    Blah blah blah!

lol some people cut lawns, some people build rockets, every one's better at somethings then others. ask me about a summation or ipro some day. you'll be bored in under 2 mins but I'll be the first one you call if you ever need a ligation database worked of or set up

lol some people cut lawns, some people build rockets, every one's better at somethings then others. ask me about a summation or ipro some day. you'll be bored in under 2 mins but I'll be the first one you call if you ever need a ligation database worked of or set up
    It looks like you are taking more time to make sure things make sense in your post. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    It looks like you are taking more time to make sure things make sense in your post. Thanks.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    I've gotten to know him more and I believe he's much smarter than his posts show. I believe in you Jeff, you should be respected more.
    +1

Jeff is a smart guy but types like he talks, fast! Slow down and proof read and you'll leave a better impression.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Thanks everyone for coming and all the kind words. I am still trying to catch up at work so I have not been able to post. I think the event went better than expected and Mother Nature, thanks Mom, took care of us.

I think most people thought this was going to be more of a track day than a full instructional learning day and all I heard were praises about their instructor and the class room help. Apex does a great job and well organized. You should consider signing up for their schools and keep that learning curve going.

We were glad we were able to give out gifts from our venders, their were some pretty good prizes given out, especially the TDR hats! Based on the feedback and our relationship with Apex we will do this again next year, Yahoo!

If you are going to Hallett and you should, the rooms at the main sponsored event hotel, Hampton Inn is booked now. There are other places to get rooms around there including some hotels in Hallett that you will need to look into. Sharpie and William probably remember the name of the one they stayed at in Hallett they might respond here with.

Thanks again and glad we all had fun.

Loved the Getto Tent caption Tim....

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Enjoyed the hell out of myself at the track Gary. I appreciate you setting it all up.

I also enjoyed meeting all you guys again...I'll hopefully be seeing you at Hallett in a few months. I've already got my room and registration in with the Arkansas club.

Last but not least....did anyone happen to get any video of my slide through ricochet? lol If so I would love to see it.
    I was curious how fast I was going through that section and peeked at the speedo...I now know I can't go 97mph through there successfully (at least not while looking at my speedo). Well...I succeeded in going through the turn...but I also succeeded in making the Worlds loudest screech for few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by UT SYCO View Post
    ...did anyone happen to get any video of my slide through ricochet? lol If so I would love to see it.
    I was curious how fast I was going through that section and peeked at the speedo...I now know I can't go 97mph through there .

You can't mean Ricochet, unless you have gobs of power.....
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post

Not Gobs, but about 155rwhp. I came out of the last section of rattlesnake in 3rd and shifted to 4th (80mph) well before I crest the hill and dropped down into ricochet. That downhill gets me plenty of speed into the turn....more than gravity wants me to have.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    I was on the long straight just hitting the braking zone going into rattlesnake, when I hear extremely loud tire squeal to my left. I couldn't look over, but I could see a white car with black wheels, so I knew it was Jeff.
    Everyone said it looked sweet!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast