Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Texas Region SCCA Event #4 Mineral Wells 6/10/07

Nice course, timing problems were a bit of a pain though. Spent most of my day orienting my friend Dave to turning right and left so my focus was really not on the course. Could have driven better.

Just loved the section along the backside through to the finish. Hope the folks in the red M-1 (NSTS2) got their radiator problems fixed. Will be adding some stop leak and JB Weld to my kit after that.

Jeremy got a text while we were working about a car losing all 4 wheels at Devens. Anyone heard further news?

Steve E

So what was up with the timing problems yesterday?? That is not the norm for the fine folks at SCCA.

BTW. Great course & a fun day!

Fun, fun, fun. I didn't even get sun burned. Mom would be so proud.

We did get the Bars Leak and made it home without further problems. I plan to replace the radiator rather than patch it as 17 1/2 years is probably enough for the original radiator. We did have a great time on the two runs we did get in and once again I prevailed over Chris. The new Eibach springs and KYB shocks made a big difference in handling. We found that we were not pushing the car hard enough as our instincts were in tune with what the car did in previous events. These upgrade companies need to come up with "brain download" software to match the parts!! All in all we had a good time and are looking forward to competeing in STS2.
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

I really enjoyed Sunday - this was my first autox in my new NC (call it a "shake-down" event), and it's been a LONG time since my last race in ANY car. I"m also open to feedback from anyone who may have seen my runs (76, 74, 73, and 72 seconds - I have NO idea how I did comparatively). Please help me with any tips you have from watching me. Thanks, and I'll see you at more events!

Quote Originally Posted by rpmchris View Post
    I really enjoyed Sunday - this was my first autox in my new NC (call it a "shake-down" event), and it's been a LONG time since my last race in ANY car. I"m also open to feedback from anyone who may have seen my runs (76, 74, 73, and 72 seconds - I have NO idea how I did comparatively). Please help me with any tips you have from watching me. Thanks, and I'll see you at more events!
    I did not even get a chance to watch you. It seemed like we just flew through grid this time! Try to come out to the ER event this Sunday or the S2000 event next Saturday and I will be happy to ride along with you.

Banned

As for your times, those are respectable. I ran a 72 my first run. If you are shaking down the car, you have succedded. Seat time will get you comfortable to pushing a little harder. My fastest time was a 68.1 something, so it wouldn't take much for you to be faster. As with anything, it'll come. Take in what you learned to do and not to do for the next event, and I'm sure you'll be one to two secs. quicker.

Results still aren't up yet? I got a call from Jon on the way home to catch a plane that they had me with a cone on my fastest run, moving me from 1st back to 4th. I know I had cones on my 2nd run and my rerun (between my 2nd & 3rd runs), but not on my 3rd.

Anyone know if they've sorted out the auditing from this event yet?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Results are up. Linkie
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123