Thread: A Source for Vinyl Racing Numbers

Default Source for Vinyl Numbers

I have a close friend that does vinyl work who is making number decals for my car to use at MSR next weekend. She has decided to offer these to others!

The numbers are White with No background and 9 inches in height. They will be made of vinyl with a low tack temporary adhesive for easy removal. For people with a white car there is also a blue color available.

If you are interested in a set of 2 decals (1 for each side of your car) send an email with your name, car number, and car color to: [email protected]

1 Digit Number Set, Both Doors for $12.00

2 Digit Number Set, Both Doors for $14.00

3 Digit Number Set, Both Doors for $16.00

Please note: She has requested that all orders be emailed by Thursday morning 6/21. Thx!
    Last edited by JDMClassic; 06-19-2007 at 08:49 AM.

Will the 2- and 3-digit versions be individual numbers, or a set of numbers on a common background? Got examples to show?

This sure beats blue painter's tape...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

The vinyl numbers regardless of digits will be sandwiched between two pieces of wax paper. Peel off the back, apply to car, and then peel off the front to reveal the numbers on your car. I'll try to have mine done first and post pics as time permits!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I think what he's asking is if I order a 1 and a 6, am I stuck with 16 or can I switch them to 61 or 6 or 1

I bet the answer is maybe
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

If you order a 16.. you'll get a 16, but if you want to make it into a 61.. you can cut the sheet apart and re-arange it to read 61 and then apply it.

Quote Originally Posted by JDMClassic View Post
    If you order a 16.. you'll get a 16, but if you want to make it into a 61.. you can cut the sheet apart and re-arange it read 61.
    So we are talking one time use here, right? I don't think that is what Speed had in mind.

Yes, one time use vinyl stickers.

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDMClassic View Post
    Yes, one time use vinyl stickers.
    what don't the rest of you want to drive around with your racing numbers on?

The POPO in Keller would love that
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

If you run down to hobby lobby or some such, you can buy magnetic materal and just apply the numbers to the magnetics. Volla!!!

But a true ricer leaves them on for all to see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Default Back in the day...

I would buy white contact paper, cut my numbers out and applied them over a freshly waxed area. Came off real easy and looked great. See photo at my profile.

I went to Michaels and bought a sheet of the magnetic material (comes rolled up). I think it's 10 bucks a sheet so you need 2 (1 for each door). I then stenciled the numbers onto it with wordart and cut them out with an exacto knife and it works well.

I think i'm going to get some better ones made by Kinkos since I have an employee discount, anyone want to buy a set of white 332 (4 3's and 2 2's) for 10 bucks?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Okay.. we're making our batch this afternoon, so you guys will get yours from me on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning if I don't see you till then.

I think this is a pretty good deal for a professional looking set of one-time use numbers.

If any of you guys want a more long term solution to the problem, I highly recommend IZoom Graphics in Oklahoma for high quality magnetic numbers and class letters.

These are both IZoom number sets:

Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    If any of you guys want a more long term solution to the problem, I highly recommend IZoom Graphics in Oklahoma for high quality magnetic numbers and class letters.
    +1, they have a budget set that is under $30.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub