Thread: Plano/Garland/Richardson area body shop recommendation

Default Plano/Garland/Richardson area body shop recommendation

Hey all,

Hope your 4th was better than mine. The CR-V got rear-ended this evening as we were coming home from a friend's house. We were hit by a Jeep Liberty at roughly 35 mph, but thankfully my wife and I (and our dogs, who were in the car with us) all walked away from it. The CR-V fared amazingly well (much better than the Liberty), but I need to have it towed from the house in the morning to a body shop.

Any recommendations?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Ed'S Body Shop in Allen does top notch work.

He is located behind the Exxon station just to the North-East and has been in business since 1976. He worked on my mom's Miata(3 times) and my next door neighbors pickup(twice). Both looked excellent after the repairs.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Sorry to hear about this. Do you strap in your dogs or were they just hanging out in the back of the CR-V? I know my dog would just go flying. I need one of those seat belt adapters for her.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    Sorry to hear about this. Do you strap in your dogs or were they just hanging out in the back of the CR-V? I know my dog would just go flying. I need one of those seat belt adapters for her.
    We actually had three dogs in the car - both of ours, and a friend's dachshund that we're dog-sitting this week. Our dogs were in the back seat wearing harnesses attached to the child seat anchor points (which we bought a couple of weeks ago for a trip back to Louisiana - I'm glad we bought them!) The dachshund was in a crate in the cargo area. Thankfully, I had our dog's crates stacked in the cargo area next to the dachshund, and they absorbed a lot of the energy of the impact. All of the dogs seem to be okay.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

+1 for harnesses! Fortunately haven't ever field tested ours...

I've had great luck with the Service King on Plano Parkway near my house. Heck... if they can paint match 10 year old sun-fade on the Civic... anything else is easy!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

How many times has the CRV been hit now?? Not only does it like getting you tickets it seems to have a thing for body filler...

Glad the Boss Lady, Wiener dog(s), and you are all OK!

That's twice it has been rear-ended. Truthfully, I'm kinda hoping it's totaled, so we can replace it with a 4Runner.

BTW, the Liberty that hit us was probably totaled. The driver swerved to the right at the last instant, so the front left corner took the brunt of the impact. The radiator was destroyed, the motor wouldn't turn over, and the transmission was locked in Drive. The scariest thing? None of his airbags deployed. He was wearing a seatbelt but he still hit the steering wheel hard enough to give himself a major concussion, and he was sitting catatonic in the car until EMS workers physically removed him, but not a single airbag went off. This was an '06 Liberty.

As if you needed another reason not to buy a Chrysler product...
    Iain

Sounds like he'll get a nice check from the manufacturer after a very long and arduous lawsuit...
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!