Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lone Star BMW CCA Autocross #5 at La Grave on 7/14

That turned out to be a good course, with the exception of the tight slalom half way thru. A nice, quick day. I was second to Thomas is X class. I felt really fast in the afternoon and it felt good. Again, I will take La Grave over Pennington any day.

We also learned that the Whataburger off Main and NE 28th is kind of crappy, so we will stick with McDonalds in the future.

Last, the management of La Grave Field struck again -- after we set up the course using the entire lot, we were told that a portion of the lot was designated for motorcycle training, so we had to cut off part of the course. They did not have the restrooms open until later, and even then it was probably because the maintenance guy happened to show up. Last, there were some trailers in a corner on the course. They were not really an issue, but SCCA/ER safety rules probably would not have allowed them. I am going to mention this to Solo RX7, as I would hate to see problems like this at the SCCA Divisional event. La Grave management really has to understand the needs of the groups that rent this place for an autocross.

Yep, another fun event with BMWCCA! It was good to see everyone and great to finally race my own Miata again.

They laid out a really fun course that made full use of the size of LaGrave, but like jrj512 said, they had a ridiculously tight slalom and turn section in one part. SCCA also did a better job of designing the course around the drainage "ditches" in the big portion of the lot. Overall, I thought it was a very good use of the lot and I really like the surface.

The car was really hooking up today, and I'm very happy with the new crank pulley, flywheel, clutch and short shifter.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

And of course the customary video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...91620285421490
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I had a good time, grip sucked in the morning but as it heated up the car hooked up better. Didn't really care for the drainage ditches and the first slalom was unnecessarily tight I think but overall it flowed well. Both Miatamoto and Jrj512 were flying today, nice driving guys!
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Didn't really care for the drainage ditches and the first slalom was unnecessarily tight I think but overall it flowed well. Both Miatamoto and Jrj512 were flying today, nice driving guys!
    +1 Awesome driving guys. I looked like i was driving a big rig out there. Lots of fun of course. Jerrett what are you talking about, the whataburger with crickets was great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12