Thread: Please help ! !

Default Please help ! !

I have a 93 miata minus the convertible, I bought the convertible off a board member but now I need the main bolts that bolt the top to the car, 3 on each side if I remember correctly. Does anyone know a part # for those bolts so I could just go to Town North Mazda and buy new ones?
    Thanks

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I don't know the bolt specs, but it shouldn't be hard to find on miata.net. Go to your local hardware store or home improvement store and buy them there.

They are just normal metric bolts. I've probably got plenty of them. Where are you? I live in Springtown and work just south of DFW airport. I'll pull some out tonight.....
    Merv
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I live on Parker and Preston in Plano.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    Give Gary At TDR a call. He's gutting a couple of Miata over the past few years and has at least two sets of everything. I think he still has a black '99 in the back of the shop with a softtop still on it and you can get it from that wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Miata View Post
    Give Gary At TDR a call. He's gutting a couple of Miata over the past few years and has at least two sets of everything. I think he still has a black '99 in the back of the shop with a softtop still on it and you can get it from that wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    Not to mention Gary lives just a few miles from you.

I spent an hour and a half going thru my bolt cans last night. never did find a full set of like bolts, but did come up with some that will work. The problem is that the holes in the body are much larger than the bolts (for adjustment, I suppose), so they need big head flanges or washers. I've got them with me if you don't have any luck at TDR.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I've got a 97 I am parting out.........when I get back to Dallas in a week or two look my up if the other guys can't help you...