Thread: Chrysler offers lifetime drivetrain warranty

Default Chrysler offers lifetime drivetrain warranty

Chrysler today leapfrogged every other car maker by extending its powertrain warranty on every new car and truck it sells to the life of the vehicle. The warranty will apply to the entire powertrain including the engine, transmission/transaxle, drive shafts, and axles. The new warranty goes into effect today, July 26, 2007 and applies to all new 2007s that are on the dealer lots as well as 2008 models.

The warranty covers all parts and labor as long as the owner brings the car in to a Chrysler dealer at least once every five years for a free powertrain inspection. Apparently, the only fly in the ointment is that the new warranty applies to the original owner and is not transferable. If the car is sold within the first three years, the warranty reverts to the previous 3 year/36,000 mile coverage for subsequent owners.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/26/b...rain-warranty/

Anyone want a Jeep?
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一

Quote Originally Posted by pliablemoose View Post
    Certainly a lot more interest in a *new* Jeep than before I read that
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Is it valid for the life of the vehicle or the life of Chrysler?

What good is a running powertrain when the rest of the thing falls apart?
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Is it valid for the life of the vehicle or the life of Chrysler?
    Either way, it's still 5/50, right?

...and I quote from a random Mopar website:

"1981 saw the release of the K Car. They came in three body styles, 2 door coupe, 4 door sedan, and 5-door wagon, and they were named the 1981 Motor Trend “Car of the Year.” These were compact cars, designed to compete the import compacts that were increasing in sales as American car sales were falling; yet they could still carry six passengers. Their front wheel drive design set a new benchmark for American cars and the build quality... The K car was a truly remarkable car. The platform used in the design gave way to almost all of the designs used by Chrysler in the 80’s."

I don't care what they say... deep down it's still a damned old Chrysler.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I think this is just another scam to get business for the service department.

as long as the owner brings the car in to a Chrysler dealer at least once every five years for a free powertrain inspection.
    If you do not fix "other things" they found during the inspection, they would have ground not to honor the warranty!
    Gabriel

Hey,

That sounds like a certain Honda dealer in McKinney!
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Beat the pants off of the crap service and short warranty Honda gives ya.

Wonder if I could talk the wife into trading the CR-V in on a Wrangler Unlimited when we get it back from the shop?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Talking

Gee no love for the Viper, guess I'll need to go with a ZO6.

They also don't like you Diesel fans....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge.com
    *See dealer for a copy of limited warranty and details. Non-Transferable. Not available on SRT, Diesel vehicles, Sprinter, Ram Chassis Cab, and certain fleet vehicles.

Wonder if I could talk the wife into trading the CR-V in on a Wrangler Unlimited when we get it back from the shop?
    So, what is wrong w your CRV this time? I knew you had transmission problem in the past. Was it not fixed with the new tranny?
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Gee no love for the Viper, guess I'll need to go with a ZO6.

They also don't like you Diesel fans....
    That's because the know how much stress the diesels actually put on the drive line.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    That's because the know how much stress the diesels actually put on the drive line.
    And that a diesel can last 300k miles easily, the average car owner will give up at around 100-200K miles & get another car...
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    So, what is wrong w your CRV this time? I knew you had transmission problem in the past. Was it not fixed with the new tranny?

They never replaced the transmission. They just replaced the fluid in the transfer case (30k miles before the severe duty owner's manual schedule ) and called it good. They also charged me for the rental car I had. Since Town North across the street has no problem covering a rental when I bring the '8 in for warranty work, the Honda dealer's behavior hasn't exactly movd them to the top of my x-mas card list.

Right now the CR-V is in the shop getting ~$8k worth of damage fixed from July 4th, when some idiot decided to use our CR-V instead of his brakes.

We're not thrilled with the idea of keeping something that has had such substantial repairs, nor have we been overwhelmed with the Honda ownership experience since we bought this truck, so we're toying with the idea of trading it in on something else... once we get it back.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Have you only brought it to that dealership? Honda and Acura dealerships are real hit or miss as far as service goes. My sister had an Accord and now an Element, and Vandergriff Honda has always taken care of her. You guys already know about my situation, Vandergriff hasn't batted an eye at any of the things I've had done. They actually went above and beyond when I had the transmission replaced, they gave me a clutch kit at cost.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Yea, I haven't had any problems with David McDavid either. I have been going there for a few years for parts for my old '90 DA and there have been a few times when the parts guy hooked me up when I was in a bind.

For example: My friend decied he would help me out by getting a few of the last bolts while I take a break and he breaks a cam cap bolt. I go over there, talk to the parts guy and even though he's out, he pulls a few off of a head someone had ordered because he could order the replacements before the shop guy was scheduled to pick it up.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

I did'nt have a very good experience with that Mckinney dealer.

The CVT tranny was a piece of Junk IMHO.

Honda was the first car I got rid of in less than 2 years and with less than 36,000 on the clock.

For that matter with less than 100K on the clock.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica