Thread: Hondas are cool...

Default Hondas are cool...

Hey guys, whats up? Haven't been around in a while, but I always loved reading car stuff from car people (you guys)... I am between Miatas.. Anyway, I just bought a 2004 Accord coupe 5 speed 4 cylinder, with leather, sunroof, good stereo, etc.

Man, what an excellent car.. This is fun to drive and gets me 29mpg average.. I am also impressed with the quality and interior. I can't believe I consider myself a car guy and hadn't really driven a late model Honda and had no idea how much fun to drive they are and how nice they are...

That's it, just had to ramble about an awesome driving experience, and thought some decent car people might give a crap.
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.
    SOLD: 95 triple black; stock
    SOLD: 99 black and tan; loaded and clean; just hit 50k miles.
    SOLD: 2006 Copper Mica Red; stock.
    FOR SALE: 2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring; stock; 38k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by bigDstars View Post
    Hey guys, whats up? Haven't been around in a while, but I always loved reading car stuff from car people (you guys)... I am between Miatas.. Anyway, I just bought a 2004 Accord coupe 5 speed 4 cylinder, with leather, sunroof, good stereo, etc.

Man, what an excellent car.. This is fun to drive and gets me 29mpg average.. I am also impressed with the quality and interior. I can't believe I consider myself a car guy and hadn't really driven a late model Honda and had no idea how much fun to drive they are and how nice they are...

That's it, just had to ramble about an awesome driving experience, and thought some decent car people might give a crap.
    Congrats. Seems you need to update your signature though.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by bigDstars View Post
    My Miata's do that and more!

I'm not going back to bellybutton cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    My Miata's do that and more!

I'm not going back to bellybutton cars.
    Well, except my NC can't quite make 29mpg, I don't know about the NA/NB's though.

Quote Originally Posted by MX-5EE View Post
    Well, except my NC can't quite make 29mpg,
    I get a solid 29, and got as much as 31 going to the Gap.

Until they start makeing hybrids that get better milage then my Honda CRX HF got, I will not buy another one.

I got 45 MPG driving it in town and averaged 55 MPG on the highway. The highest I ever got was 63 MPG on one trip. There is not a hybrid on the road that can touch those figures and it was a 1988 Model.

I get 30mpg in my NC with the A/C on, 32 with it off. Of course, I drive much more sanely than I used to, and skip a gear now and then (6 is too many!).
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Well don't get me wrong guys, Miatas are still in my blood, and I'm trying to trade back into one with one of my other vehicles. But as far as OTM's go, this Honda is fun to drive (way more than I ever would have thought), and gets about as good mileage as any halfway nice car will do. I haven't been on a road trip, but the sticker said 34 mpg highway.. My old stock 92 Miata got 25 mpg when I drove it like I stole it, and over 30 on road trips... Awesome car...

Also, I test drove a new 07 Altima, and was pretty impressed with those too.

I will always have 2-3 cars, and one should always be a Miata..
    SOLD: 92 silver w/hardtop, voodoo, Kosei wheels, pine tree air freshener, and some JR stuff.
    SOLD: 99 silver; the old Goodwin supercharged car with gobs of power and everything else on it.
    SOLD: 95 triple black; stock
    SOLD: 99 black and tan; loaded and clean; just hit 50k miles.
    SOLD: 2006 Copper Mica Red; stock.
    FOR SALE: 2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring; stock; 38k miles.