Thread: Thank you BBC America!

Default Thank you BBC America!

05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Can you please explain Joost to me? Their website is so vague, with the old guy saying "What is Joost.." but he never really does a decent job answering his own question.

Joost is a compilation of several TV programs that have been installed by the different cable and tv networks. They are accessible at any time by clicking on them and are downloaded to you computer.

Best description would be a YouTube program for the cable tv networks. All of the videos are much better quality than youtube as they can be expanded to the entire screen with near TV quality.

If you want to get an invitation, PM me your email and first name and I will put you in.

Cool... it says it is free... does that mean there are commercials that you have to watch?

Yes, unfortunately.

You might want to see if TtT or Sammm can get you the invite as I am going to have to re-download Windows and I can't access Joost on Linux.

Stupid virus screwed up my HKey files!

Can someone hook me up too? Wifey keeps asking if we get BBC America here. And I'm a pleaser.

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65 View Post
    Can someone hook me up too? Wifey keeps asking if we get BBC America here. And I'm a pleaser.
    Unfortunately, BBC America is not on Joost.com but if you want to try Joost, let me know by way of a PM with an Email address. They will send you an email with an invitation to join after I put the info in the system.

BTW Titus, I got windows back up and running.

FYI, TopGear is on BBC America right now.

Hell Yeah!
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Hush, I'm trying to watch it.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I came across it on TV last night!! And I knew that when I checked the board, I wouldn't be the only one excited about it!!

Did you see the Stig stick it in the tire wall. Ouch.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

WOOT! thank you BBC. im sick of having to download crappy copies of these episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil View Post
    Did you see the Stig stick it in the tire wall. Ouch.
    Yep... nothing like crashing the most expensive car that anyone has ever given the show to test.

Boo to last seasons epsides, I had these on my pc for months. You guys should definetly download the polar special though, I watched it last night and it was very entertaining.

Hamster+dogsled team vs Clarkson/May+souped up truck race to the north pole.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Boo to last seasons episodes, I had these on my pc for months. You guys should definetly download the polar special though, I watched it last night and it was very entertaining.

I'm hoping that they plan to run the whole '06 season, followed by the '07 season, and then roll into the '08 episodes when the come out without missing a beat.

Dangit, now I need to get back home so I can start watching again
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Boo to last seasons epsides, I had these on my pc for months. You guys should definetly download the polar special though, I watched it last night and it was very entertaining.

Yea the polar episode was awesome. Here's a link to the episodes. http://www.tv-links.co.uk/listings/1/926

I'm hoping that they plan to run the whole '06 season, followed by the '07 season, and then roll into the '08 episodes when the come out without missing a beat.
    You can feel the winged simians struggling to get out, eh?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton