Thread: Eastside MTB ride, 8/16, Rowlett Creek Preserve

Default Eastside MTB ride, 8/16, Rowlett Creek Preserve

Link to DORBA page for Rowlett Creek trail

Anyone up for a weekday ride? Now that the heat is here, the trails have finally dried out nicely. I rode everything but 13, 5, and 6 tonight, and it was great. If you haven't been out here before this trail is mostly in the trees, so the heat isn't as bad. Rowlett Creek is an intermediate trail, with some tight stuff and a lot of roots, but very few hills to climb.

I'll be at the trailhead around 5:45pm, on the trail by 6pm. I'll most likely still be in the black Suzuki XL-7 rental, with a green Specialized FSR.

I'm looking to ride 9-12 miles, but the north loop crosses back over the parking lot at ~5 miles if you're not interested in a longer ride. Intermediate pace, maybe 10 mph average?
    Last edited by altiain; 08-14-2007 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Added ride description
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Sounds tempting, but my bicycle is pretty much a street bike. My mom calls it on road/off road (it used to be hers), but I wouldn't want to take it anywhere rough.

Damn work! I haven't used my fairly new MTB in a while.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Wish i could go, but i go in to work at 5pm. Plus I'll find out whats wrong with my big toe tomorrow. Have fun.