Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hallett - The Real Story

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Not a problem Mike, we have plenty of pics of our cars at Hallett. I like looking at everybody elses cars too! It was such a fun day.

Merv, MSR 4 is calling
    You know we don't even need to run/organize another MSR event. The APEX school will do it all for us for a really good price (around $110 for a day). Let them handle the insurance and track rental. They can reserve a day for us on any of the weekends they have the track (at least one or two a month). Kieth is willing to work with us Miata guys.

No reason not to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Any way we can get Gary's run up on youtube.com or googlevideo.com?
    Yes, we need to do that. Especially the lap where he laps FM for the 2nd time.
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

Speaking of pics, does anyone know how to find that pro. photographer’s shots on the web. I thought I had his card but I can't find it.
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

Quote Originally Posted by scmx5driver View Post
    Speaking of pics, does anyone know how to find that pro. photographer’s shots on the web. I thought I had his card but I can't find it.
    I think they will be HERE once he gets them uploaded. Last I checked, they weren't up yet. His wife told me he'd put up one shot of each car that was there and we could e-mail him for a contact sheet of every shot he took of our car. His work is a bit spendy, but if he had a great shot of the car, it might be worth it...

Wonder how much he'd charge to lose the one of me going backward after the spin in turn 2?

Craig
    '96 M-edition

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Miata View Post
    My only problem is that I was running with you and I don't have a single picture of you, or your Dad's car.
    Didn't Magma take photos of our run group with your camera during one session? Except for my illustrious spin photo, I have no photos of my car on the track.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by CraiginTX View Post
    I think they will be HERE once he gets them uploaded. Last I checked, they weren't up yet. His wife told me he'd put up one shot of each car that was there and we could e-mail him for a contact sheet of every shot he took of our car. His work is a bit spendy, but if he had a great shot of the car, it might be worth it...

Wonder how much he'd charge to lose the one of me going backward after the spin in turn 2?

Craig
    I really like the shots he was getting from that cherry picker he had set up.
    Skirt

I bought the picture CD from them. My new avatar and profile pics are 2 examples. Very high resolution camera. Each picture is 2-5 megabytes. They took pictures throughout the first 3 sessions only.

After watching my video, I think I could shave 3 or 4 seconds off my fastest lap
    If I could run Hallett today.

I think having an in car video is really much more helpful than I thought it would be.
    Skirt

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    I bought the picture CD from them. My new avatar and profile pics are 2 examples. Very high resolution camera. Each picture is 2-5 megabytes. They took pictures throughout the first 3 sessions only.
    They only had two shots of my car up before we left. Otherwise I would have done the same thing.
    Skirt

Quote Originally Posted by scmx5driver View Post
    They only had two shots of my car up before we left. Otherwise I would have done the same thing.
    Skirt I've got a bunch of you coming thru the Bitch.

I think I'm going to get all the pictures of my car from the pro on a CD.

$40 for the 10-12 I saw from the first two sessions would be worth it. They had several more that weren't downloaded yet.

I'm working on the photos I took close to 300 that I've gotta size and group.

Should be there by the morning.

$40 for the 10-12 I saw from the first two sessions would be worth it. They had several more that weren't downloaded yet.

I'm working on the photos I took close to 300 that I've gotta size and group.

Should be there by the morning.
    COOL
    Skirt

I think I'll probably do the same once I see what he has of me. The shots from the crane looked awesome! I sent him an email earlier today asking when the rest of the pics will be available. I'll keep y'all posted...

I think he'll get more business. He just got started doing this 4 years ago, I think I'll try to order mine too, I got a great huge picture of my car last year that was a door prize. I want to frame some more and put them up in my classroom.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I think y'all are talking me into it. Anyone have his info? Maybe we can work out a group buy discount?

I'm still curious to see all of Mike's photos.
    ...and across the line.

Hey magma,did you get to run with the camera in the car? If so how did it come out?
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Didn't Magma take photos of our run group with your camera during one session? Except for my illustrious spin photo, I have no photos of my car on the track.
    Did you see all of Tim's pictures, there are a few of you at the end.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

You know we don't even need to run/organize another MSR event. The APEX school will do it all for us for a really good price (around $110 for a day). Let them handle the insurance and track rental. They can reserve a day for us on any of the weekends they have the track (at least one or two a month). Kieth is willing to work with us Miata guys.

No reason not to do it.
    Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Did you see all of Tim's pictures, there are a few of you at the end.

I didn't see them before. I'll look again.
    ...and across the line.

Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

To add to what everyone is saying, I had a GREAT time. It was a learning experience and I can already see how to improve for next year. My times were great for me. Some of the other people were faster, but I was happy with the results. I had some fun drifts in turn 2 and 10, but contrary to Titus's beliefs no offs.

I hope that we can get everyone regestered early and really show them how we can drive.

I don't think it has been said yet but TDR had the fastest cars in EVERY group.

Thanks to Gary and Everyone else that was able to help talk to me and give me some tips on staying smooth and going fast. Maybe next year I will trust my brakes and carry a little more speed into 2....

I did get to run wit hthe camera and I have yet to get everything converted, hope to have it done for the Wed meet. I should have footage of my first run, half of my 2nd, and all of the last run.
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast