Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Beer -Really.

Default Free Beer -Really.

I've got 5 free beers sitting in my fridge for the 1st guy who can help me unbolt my seats. These @$*%@ bolts are a pain! I can come over or whatever, but I need them unbolted so I can remove my carpet -- it's soaking wet underneath. PLEASE HELP! :)
    Of all the world's greatest contradictions...'British Engineering' is by far my favorite oxymoron.

what part of town?
    14mm socket

edit: I see arlington. What part of arlington?

second edit: what kind of beer...

North Arlington, NW corner of Collins and Green Oaks. 14mm socket. I've got Bud Light, but I'm buyin' an extra 6 pack of whatever, so make it 11 beers.
    Of all the world's greatest contradictions...'British Engineering' is by far my favorite oxymoron.

eek, thats a bit of a drive, I am in SW Fort Worth, I thought if you are in south arlington it would be quicker drive. It is veery easy to get the seats out though, get a 6pt 14mm socket and a ratchet with a long handle and you should be good to go.

Ohhh...I've got it all and tried it all. I think that water's been under there so long, the 3 bolts I could loosen on the driver's side made a loud snapping sound when they actually did come loose. I've got a 1/2in socket wrench and 1.5' extension....nothing on the other 5 bolts.

Edit: What to look for when buying a used Miata: Wet carpet underneath.

Ive only got 4 bolts total on mine.

Try an impact driver... Air tools work wonders on things like that.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I'm singing the "If I didn't live in an apartment" song...

Get some penatrating fluid (personaly reccomendation, PB Blaster) that shoudl help ya out...
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Drive to Granbury, put beers in my fridge. By the time you are done stocking my fridge, I'll have your seats out.

There are no bolts I cannot get unstuck. I ended up custom making more parts on the lathe tonight just so my food plant could run. There is nothing mechanical that gets me, especially some little ole bolts. I've actually taken out both of the seats in my Miata with ease, and often remove the passenger seat to haul large items if need be.
    AnthonyS
    former owner of 4 NA Miatas
    94 Laguna Blue awaiting Ford 5.0 transplant
    Also have a 91 ZR-1 and 00 996 (911).

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    Get some penatrating fluid (personaly reccomendation, PB Blaster) that shoudl help ya out...
    Sat overnight in the stuff. I'm tellin' ya, these babies are IN there. I've never this sorta trouble with unbolting seats.

I may take you up on that drive to Granbury if I can't find someone else to help a lil' closer. :)

He'll be closer... my power tools are in Lewisville
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Are you using a big *ss breaker bar?

If nothing I can swing by tommorow and help yea out, I'm at UTA.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

I'm gonna buy one today on the way home. The biggest, longest, and meanest looking breaker bar Sears has to offer. So far, this car is turning out to be a pain...can't pull out the car seats...could barely get that #@*$ oil filter... but hey, changing the clutch cylinders was a breeze! :)

My office is about five miles from you place in lovely Euless. I have an 18" breaker bar and a 40" helper pipe!

Let me know if I can help!

YOU SURE CAN!! I drive through Euless (FM 157) on the way home from work everyday! Whereabouts in Euless?

Quote Originally Posted by TroyAndEddie
    YOU SURE CAN!! I drive through Euless (FM 157) on the way home from work everyday! Whereabouts in Euless?
    What you schedule look like today? I’m on Euless Blvd. (AKA Hwy 10)

PM Sent!

All right guys, once you get TroyAndEddie taken care of, I have the seat bolt from hell that is worth a 12 pack of your choice to the Miatachanic who is man enough to get it out without damaging the car. It is the passenger seat inside back bolt. It is pretty mangled from several previous tries. I even took the car to the Dave DeNuzzo A.K.A. the Crazy Red Italian (Seller and Installer of leather seat covers who has pulled more Miata seat out then anyone else that I could think of). Dave tried a 3 foot breaker bar as well as an impact wrench, but still couldn’t get it to break loose. His suggestion was to take it to a machine shop to be drilled out.

Anyone in the North Dallas area interested in giving it a try?

Hey Titus how mangled is the head of the bolt?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast