Thread: DFW Map Rally, a driving event by SCCA

Default DFW Map Rally, a driving event by SCCA

The 6th event in the SCCA Regional RoadRally Series will be held Saturday, September 29th, with registration beginning at 9am. No prior rally experience is required. The Start will be at the Mapsco Map & Travel Center, 11811 Preston Road (at Forest Lane), in Dallas.

The DFW Map Rally, presented by Mapsco, will be an exercise in map reading, followed by driving the route you determine. Scoring will be based on how closely you follow the predicted route. This will be quite different from the usual ‘gimmick’ rally, but just as much fun. Trophies and door-prizes will be furnished by Mapsco. Dash plaques will be given to the first 45 cars preregistered.

You can create a 3-car team for no extra charge, and compete against the other marques entered. Then you might join Lotus and Subaru as team winners this year.

Join us for a fun drive in the mid-cities area. Email [email protected] if you have a question about the rally. Please see the flyer at www.texasscca.org/DMR07flyer.pdf for preregistration instructions and other details.

sccarally

"Life's too short to be a passenger on the road of life: rally!"

Count me interested. I just don't know if I will have the time for it with my school work. By busting my ass for 10-12 hours/day work/school/study this I have been able to win myself a weekend tomorrow, so maybe I can pull that off then too.

Anyone go the map rally this past weekend? How was it?

I really wanted to go but just ran out of time this weekend.