Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Miatas at Hallet

Thanks for the photo Craig. Any high res versions?

He was actually really lucky. I saw the wreck happen and it didn't sound or look pretty. The amazing thing is the Hallett crew were out there within seconds of him coming to a stop. I was amazed at how quickly they responded. The place is well run.

I also saw the damage and talked to the driver. He actually had a good attitude about it. He banged the fender out a bit and had a small, barely visible arc shaped dent in the door. A good PDR guy could fix it and a new fender and he'll be good as new.

There were some scary moments right after as mentioned above. Also a red NA also came in hot and nearly lost it. He would have hit the tow truck if he hadn't saved it.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Did Ren have his SM finished? He was shooting for this event to have it ready. He had to get a new tub after he was punted into the wall at Heartland Park back in July.
    Ren & Rick E. are always very helpful. I always try to setup next to them in the paddock cause if you need something they have it.
    Sounds like you guys had a great time. Those are some pretty quick times on street tires.
    Mac
    LS1 Miata Tiger Race Car (Build in Progress) TOPP Racing / East Street Auto / Saferacer.com / TeamMER
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Quote Originally Posted by IPRESS View Post
    Did Ren have his SM finished? He was shooting for this event to have it ready. He had to get a new tub after he was punted into the wall at Heartland Park back in July.
    Ren & Rick E. are always very helpful. I always try to setup next to them in the paddock cause if you need something they have it.
    Sounds like you guys had a great time. Those are some pretty quick times on street tires.
    Ren was running his newly finished SM. He told me the story about the incident at Heartland Park. WOW!

A few more photos of the event here:

http://home.tx.rr.com/craigsims/Welcome.html
    '96 M-edition

Default greetings from Cowtown

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post

sorry to break your screen with ugly red, silver, and yellow cars. I don't have any beautiful green car pictures.
    I am curious, was this foursome of Miatii all from DFW?
    I parked my red NA #46, just south of this canopy. It was my first participation of Miatas at Hallett (or any HPDE for that matter). I now know what a crack addict must feel like after his first hit. I will return!
    I ran in the novice group and my instructor was Tom Ingalls. He made it a great learning environment.
    I took several pics of many coming out of the Bitch.
    I you desire some pics of you there tell me and I will try to find some to send to you.
    Ryan
    Meotta
    Cogito Ergo Zoom..I wish I had thought of it first

There were about 3 or 4 other cars that we couldn't fit under the canopy :0)
    Blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Ren was running his newly finished SM. He told me the story about the incident at Heartland Park. WOW!
    Did he tell you about going around before the race and getting everybody to agree to take it easy at T1? Where he screwed up was by not saying take it easy on the STRAIGHT!
    Actually I think the guy who caused it all jerked his wheel when he saw the wall on the left of the straight. At Heartland the straight is not really straight and you lose a little perception of the track going over a rise. The guy had to have thought he was headed toward the wall or something.

It is great news that he has the SM finished. Now I need to get him to go to St. Louis for the MidAM Championship.
    Mac
    LS1 Miata Tiger Race Car (Build in Progress) TOPP Racing / East Street Auto / Saferacer.com / TeamMER
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Quote Originally Posted by meotta View Post
    I parked my red NA #46, just south of this canopy. It was my first participation of Miatas at Hallett (or any HPDE for that matter). I now know what a crack addict must feel like after his first hit. I will return!
    I ran in the novice group and my instructor was Tom Ingalls. He made it a great learning environment.
    I you desire some pics of you there tell me and I will try to find some to send to you.
    Ryan
    I think there were 11 cars from the track dog crew...I didn't park my green car over there because everyone feels inadequate when its around. Its not really fair to everyone in the group. Its kinda like being the reporter in the NBA locker room for them.

I did a track day in my vw about 8 years ago, and only got to do half a session because the diff blew. I did my first miata track day this february, and I've done a total of 13 since. Yes, its worse than crack because its more expensive.

Anything of the green 23, preferably backing-in to #9?

You should check into Apex days at MSR.

Quote Originally Posted by meotta View Post
    Ryan
    Actually, I count 10 cars visible in the photo, all have some connection to Track Dog Racing - all but one from DFW. Trey's green car was nearby, and there were 2 or 3 others there as well.

Glad you had a great time - I bet we'll all be back next year!
    '96 M-edition

All I see is a shiny red one...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Yeah, and you're in my spot. See that number 21 overhead?

Quote Originally Posted by CraiginTX View Post
    Actually, I count 10 cars visible in the photo, all have some connection to Track Dog Racing - all but one from DFW. Trey's green car was nearby, and there were 2 or 3 others there as well.

Glad you had a great time - I bet we'll all be back next year!
    I always park by the rock so I can get on the rock with my "track dog yoga matt" and do Thai Chi between sessions.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345