Thread: Mav Region DE at MSR (3.1 track)

Default Mav Region DE at MSR (3.1 track)

Had a blast driving the new 3.1 track at MSR this weekend. The new part is very challanging and really gives the ole Miata a workout. This is especially true for turn 8, aka the toiletbowl. It is 2-3 apex turn after a very fast downhill sweeper to the right.

It was great to give the Porsches a run for their money for a turn or two before their horsepower kicked in and they left be behind. I would have love to seen the faces of a couple of 911 GT3 drivers that passed me on the front straight only to have me on their rear bumper going through Rattlesnake. I would have stayed with them longer, but the 400+ HP would allow them to drift away a bit.....

All-in-all a great weekend.
    Hope everyone had a great time at Hallett too!!

rob76turbo

Quote Originally Posted by rob76turbo View Post
    Had a blast driving the new 3.1 track at MSR this weekend. The new part is very challanging and really gives the ole Miata a workout. This is especially true for turn 8, aka the toiletbowl. It is 2-3 apex turn after a very fast downhill sweeper to the right.

It was great to give the Porsches a run for their money for a turn or two before their horsepower kicked in and they left be behind. I would have love to seen the faces of a couple of 911 GT3 drivers that passed me on the front straight only to have me on their rear bumper going through Rattlesnake. I would have stayed with them longer, but the 400+ HP would allow them to drift away a bit.....

All-in-all a great weekend.
    Hope everyone had a great time at Hallett too!!

rob76turbo
    Do you miss your Porsches Rob? I did drive my buddy's 997 GT3 at TWS. Absolutely amazing!!!! No words can describe it. I still enjoy the spec, but if I were rich....
    Last edited by smartmx5; 09-25-2007 at 10:02 PM. Reason: public school grammar mistake

Default Yes, I miss my Boxster the most

Great daily driver, great track car....great car. But the need for 4 doors meant it had to go.....

Here is a photo (from Hart Photography) that pretty well sums up running with the big dogs....

http://www.hart-photography.com/phot...ewImage=266752