Thread: How much is this Miata worth?

Default How much is this Miata worth?

Mostly stock 92 Black and Tan with nearly 200k. Promise of maintenance but no maintenance records. It looks clean though from pictures.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Is there suppose to be a pic with this thread
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Still have the BBS's on it?

What are you gonna do with a second Miata?

two fidey
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

$2500
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    $2500
    Based on our limited information, that sounds fair if we assume that it is in good shape and still has the BBS wheels. If the wheels are gone or it has any notable issues, then the price would drop from there in my mind.

Are the 92's supposed to come with BBS wheels or something? I thought only 93LE and 95M's got factory BBS wheels
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Are the 92's supposed to come with BBS wheels or something? I thought only 93LE and 95M's got factory BBS wheels
    '92 Black and Tan came with 14" BBS.

$2500
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Based on our limited information, that sounds fair if we assume that it is in good shape and still has the BBS wheels. If the wheels are gone or it has any notable issues, then the price would drop from there in my mind.
    Even with almost 200,00 miles and no maintance records?? I was thinking $2,000 or less even with the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Even with almost 200,00 miles and no maintance records?? I was thinking $2,000 or less even with the wheels.
    A year or 2 ago I would say yes, but it seems to me that the bottom of the market for decent looking drivers are creeping up a little these days.

Talking

A year or 2 ago I would say yes, but it seems to me that the bottom of the market for decent looking drivers are creeping up a little these days.
    I paid $3K for my '92 Black and Tan, and it had just 130,000 miles, all the maintenance records from day one, and the BBS's wheels back in 2002.

Talking

I paid $3K for my '92 Black and Tan, and it had just 130,000 miles, all the maintenance records from day one, and the BBS's wheels back in 2002.
    What were the numbers when you sold it?

Let me guess... 150k miles, $4k, and you kept the BBS wheels, right? Your parents really should consider getting married one of these days, not that you would be willing to pay for it.

Talking

What were the numbers when you sold it?

Let me guess... 150k miles, $4k, and you kept the BBS wheels, right? Your parents really should consider getting married one of these days, not that you would be willing to pay for it.
    I don't just wear the team cheap bastard logo, I live the lifestyle!

BTW. ALL88 still has a set of 14" BBS rims, center caps, and even the BBS Cap Wrench sitting in his garage, PM him for details!

I think a Miata that looks good and has no major issues has a bottom dollar value. I'd think $2500 for a decent running and looking Miata would be the bottom. Beaters still can get near $2000. Heck, Titus just bought a totaled one for how much?

I don't have pics but it does have a new top and after market wheels. Not sure if the BBS come with it yet. As for why, I'm thinking of flipping it if I can get a good enough deal.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    I'd think $2500 for a decent running and looking Miata would be the bottom. Beaters still can get near $2000. Heck, Titus just bought a totaled one for how much?
    East siders may be willing to pay that much.

But I wonder what our westside local hero cam76034 just paid for a non-totaled '94 with slight overheating issues.

East siders may be willing to pay that much.

But I wonder what our westside local hero cam76034 just paid for a non-totaled '94 with slight overheating issues.

Didn't I ever tell you? It was free. Sold my 93 yesterday and recouped the original $investment, plus enough to cover what the 94 cost.
    By the way, the overheating issue is no longer an issue.

Are the BBS wheels the same as the 93 LE ones? If so I wouldn't mind a few spare centercaps and the wrench.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Yes, they're the same! I'm in need of a centercap too, I let a friend borrow one and that was years ago. Maybe someday he'll buy his own.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles