Thread: FS: 1.6L half shafts

Default FS: 1.6L half shafts

For Sale: 2 pairs of 1.6L half shafts. These do not come with the stub shafts that connect into the differential.

One set is a pull off of my Spec project car as I've upgraded to a VLSD rear end.

$25 each or $40 for a pair. Boots are old but intact. One set has hubs on it. I don't recall the condition of the bearings.

No, I don't have the differential. That went to AJ as a spare for him as he helped me install the VLSD diff & half shafts. Thanks again AJ!

I can take pics if you need but if you know what you need then you know what they look like.

Thanks!

RJ
    Last edited by channelmaniac; 11-01-2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: add items...
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Wish I knwe you were wrenching today. Ihave been sitting around bored off my ass. My wife is on vacation and I have run out of stuff to do to keep busy.

Any chance they are from an ABS car?

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Wish I knwe you were wrenching today. Ihave been sitting around bored off my ass. My wife is on vacation and I have run out of stuff to do to keep busy.
    I'll be working on it more tomorrow. Give me a shout if you aren't busy.

On the list to do: Torque everything. (It's only snugged) Install the speed bleeders. Lube the slider pins. Install new aftermarket pads on the front. Flush new brake fluid through the system. Replace bad crank pulley. Check/set timing.

May even yank the racing seat out and scrub down the interior... then paint some on the roll cage and rear deck panels.

Heck, maybe you can even show me how to weld. I have to weld up the holes from the trim fasteners on the rear deck. It's a safety thing in Spec to have the passenger compartment blocked off from the trunk/gas tank area. I bought a new wire feed welder but have yet to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Any chance they are from an ABS car?
    No chance. It was an EARLY 90 model made back in '89. It was early enough to have a smooth differential case and not a finned one.

RJ

OK...

While at the storage building with TedtheRed I noticed I had another pair of halfshafts there. I've added them to the list in the first post.

They have some hubs on them. I don't recall the condition of the bearings.

RJ