Thread: WTB: 1.8l motor

Default WTB: 1.8l motor

I need a junk 1.8 bottom end, and a head. 99 motor is a plus.

I had a 99 motor but the bottom end was a boat anchor, then I picked up another bottom end and the guy doing the machine work lost his job, and the shop still has the motor and won't let me pick it up because it was a side job, and I can't prove I own the motor...so I'm at square 1.

I have a slew of parts so maybe we can work a trade or whatever.

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    I need a junk 1.8 bottom end, and a head. 99 motor is a plus.

I had a 99 motor but the bottom end was a boat anchor, then I picked up another bottom end and the guy doing the machine work lost his job, and the shop still has the motor and won't let me pick it up because it was a side job, and I can't prove I own the motor...so I'm at square 1.

I have a slew of parts so maybe we can work a trade or whatever.

[email protected]
    I would start with calling a few attourneys and see about at least having a letter written to them. Usually a letter from an attourney will straighten out most 's. Be persistent, even if you have to pay a little for him using their shop to work on it. Was this the original engine from your car or a spare you picked up? There's always the VIN # on the block.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

If you can't find a junk bottom end, I've got a complete '96 engine sitting in the garage.
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    I would start with calling a few attourneys and see about at least having a letter written to them. Usually a letter from an attourney will straighten out most 's. Be persistent, even if you have to pay a little for him using their shop to work on it. Was this the original engine from your car or a spare you picked up? There's always the VIN # on the block.
    it was a $150 junkyard motor. I'm still chasing it down, but i don't have the time or energy to jack with it. Maybe I'll feel more invigorated after this weekend.