Thread: Motorcycle Stereo Amp in a Miata

Default Motorcycle Stereo Amp in a Miata

In an effort to conserve space in the trunk, I have been thinking about buying one of those small motorcycle stereo amps sold on ebay to boost my door speakers. Has anyone had any experience with these? Do they sound good? My neighbor amped his XM radio on his Harley and it turned out very well.

Thanks
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    In an effort to conserve space in the trunk, I have been thinking about buying one of those small motorcycle stereo amps sold on ebay to boost my door speakers. Has anyone had any experience with these? Do they sound good? My neighbor amped his XM radio on his Harley and it turned out very well.

Thanks
    I know that some of the guys on Miata.net have used them for headrest speakers with good results.

Titus, thanks for the response, but I was not asking about the speakers. I was asking about the small (in size) motorcycle stereo amps sold on ebay. They are usually 150+ watts and half the size/weight of your typcial car stereo amp.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    Titus, thanks for the response, but I was not asking about the speakers. I was asking about the small (in size) motorcycle stereo amps sold on ebay. They are usually 150+ watts and half the size/weight of your typical car stereo amp.
    I know... I am saying that some people have used the motorcycle amps to power their headrest speakers. I once considered doing this.

OK, sorry I misunderstood. I am not for sure I would want that much power in my headrest speakers.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD