Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official '08 STI photos released

Default Official '08 STI photos released

Dunno about you, but I'm not feeling it.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I love the hatch look, but it looks like they stole their doors from BMW. I also dont like the rear end. It looks alot like a lexus rx300. As long as I was always able to look at it from a second story deck like the second pic, I would buy one tomorrow.

not impressed
    07 civic si sedan -- the new toy
    92 miata-dead 85 VF500F, 01 750 Ace Deluxe
    furry friends -- sibes - lakota, anana, baby - schnauzers - roxie, tater --- MUTT -- Aero()
    - gus gus and gidget -- birds - stewie & Libby

Maybe it's because I was expecting the worse, but I don't think its bad looking.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Dunno about you, but I'm not feeling it.
    I don't think I can recall a single Subi ever that I did feel. Put in perspective, this one isn't half bad.

I like it better than I expected to. I would still have to keep a brown paper sack in the house so I didn't have to look at it when I walked out to the garage in the morning, though.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

It looks one hell of a lot better than the base Impreza. I kinda like it, actually - but it's not nearly as good looking as the old "classic" WRX...

'94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I think it looks ok, but it think they stole the headlights off a Civic.
    Last edited by Nexus Flux; 10-13-2007 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Better pic
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Everyone is going slab sided. No character lines anymore. The new STI looks like the new Evo (or vice versa).

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Everyone is going slab sided. No character lines anymore. The new STI looks like the new Evo (or vice versa).
    Have you seen the back end of the EVO? It looks enormous! The tail-lights are way up high on the trunk line... looks awful.

From seeing the first pictures they released for this car, i was scared to even look at it, it hurt my eyes. This however looks extremely better but as always the older sti's are always better looking. The sti's are like hot women, they deteriorate with age.

Here are some more pics...

I think the car looks better than the car it replaces. Also, the utilitarian look (and usefullness) of the hatch is appealing to me. I'd still rather tie stuff to my rollbar than drive an sti.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

I think the new Evo looks better with more attitude. The new SRI is to "soft" and forgetable!
    Gabriel

The 08 STI could look better if it was a 2 door configuration. The headlights would look better without the hump along the bottom edge and the fogs just need to be simpler. The interor looks OK on the driver's side but the passanger is just blah. It doesn't seem to flow with the driver's side. It seems as if Subaru is just trying too hard. I mean what the hell is up with the ring around the middle of the shift stick.

The Evo front end is actually kida neat, like a Battlestar Galactica Cylon. Looks pretty mean, but like 3Bean said the back looks like it's got junk in the trunk. The Eclipse is like that too, it has a fat rear for no reason that is especially noticable in the covertible model.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    The 08 STI could look better if it was a 2 door configuration. The headlights would look better without the hump along the bottom edge and the fogs just need to be simpler. The interor looks OK on the driver's side but the passanger is just blah. It doesn't seem to flow with the driver's side. It seems as if Subaru is just trying too hard. I mean what the hell is up with the ring around the middle of the shift stick.

The Evo front end is actually kida neat, like a Battlestar Galactica Cylon. Looks pretty mean, but like 3Bean said the back looks like it's got junk in the trunk. The Eclipse is like that too, it has a fat rear for no reason that is especially noticable in the covertible model.
    Um that ring is probably the reverse lockout, you have to lift it up in order to shift into reverse!

Me, not fugly but doesn't appeal to me like an old 2.5 rs did.

OMG the new Evo rear is horrible! I do kinda like the front but its moot with the hell-spawned rear end! Makes the Camry look sexy!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    Um that ring is probably the reverse lockout, you have to lift it up in order to shift into reverse!

Me, not fugly but doesn't appeal to me like an old 2.5 rs did.

OMG the new Evo rear is horrible! I do kinda like the front but its moot with the hell-spawned rear end! Makes the Camry look sexy!
    Yes, the collar around the shifter is the reverse lockout. EVO 8 and 9's have it too.

I have liked every STi so far and I like this new one as well.
    There is something very appealing about the 99-2001 2.5rs. I've always wanted one with an EJ257 engine. I'd gut it, add a cage, and make a light AWD track toy!

I heart subaru's.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    There is something very appealing about the 99-2001 2.5rs. I've always wanted one with an EJ257 engine. I'd gut it, add a cage, and make a light AWD track toy!
    You mean like this one?

Very sorted RS track car with 2004 US STi swap. This car was put together at the beginning of the 2007 season by my brother, (eastcoastbumps) and I. We've been working out the bugs event by event. The development is 100% finished. It drives amazing, the balance is excellent, the power is a blast and the brakes are super confidence inspiring. There's nothing left to do but drive and have fun. All the hard work has been done.

Specs:

99 RS chassis
    roughly 65k miles
    6 point cage from autopower, bolt in, nascar door bars
    FIA sanctioned HD roll bar padding - the good stuff
    Sparco Pro 2000 driver seat
    Sparco Sprint Passenger Seat
    Original seats available
    Sparco suede steering wheel
    Sparco 5 point harnesses FIA date stamped until 2011 (used 1 track day)
    EGT and boost gauges mounted in the clock space
    04 WRX cluster with tach in the middle

Engine/Driveline
    04 STi US spec
    ~15k miles
    Full catless 3 inch exhaust
    2006 5 spd transmission ~15k miles
    3.90 final drive
    STi rear differential/axles/brembos
    OEM 04 US STi engine/bulkhead/chassis wiring harness - (never worry about shady wiring - we've NEVER had a wiring bug EVER)

Brakes
    Stoptech 328x28 Big Brake Kit up front
    Pagid yellow race pads (spare street pads included)
    OEM Brembos with Pagid Yellow race pads rear (spare street pads included)
    Stainless lines
    high temp fluid
    free bottle of Motul rbf650

Suspension & Tire
    Tein Flex 8k 10k - 3000 miles
    Stock sways
    Performance alignment - we spent hundreds of dollars getting this setup just right on the alignment rack
    Wheel bearings just serviced by DSG
    BBS wheels wrapped in 235 RA-1s
    Free set of victoracers

This car is a race car, it has dents and scratches. It's not a stellar show piece - it was purpose built to hustle. We've poured a lot of time and effort into this car. It's fast and seriously fun. Car did a 1:55 at Circuit Mont Tremblant, 1:25 at Calabogie Motorsports Park. Will easily click of a 1:01 at Lime Rock. It kills us to sell it but we gotta pay some bills! I'd glady be track support for a day, all i need is a beer and a lounge chair.

$15,500/bo
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    You mean like this one?

WOW! Yes, like that one!

I'd take out more of the interior, too

I guess my car is now for sale........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast