Thread: IAC valve

Default IAC valve

My IAC valve arrived today and i get to put it on tomm ... so excited maybe my car will start acting right ... now to track the unknown oil leak

really starting to think i should have just fixed my z up instead of buying this miata
    07 civic si sedan -- the new toy
    92 miata-dead 85 VF500F, 01 750 Ace Deluxe
    furry friends -- sibes - lakota, anana, baby - schnauzers - roxie, tater --- MUTT -- Aero()
    - gus gus and gidget -- birds - stewie & Libby

Where is the unknown oil leak?

Common sources on the Miata are the valve cover and the CAS O-Ring. That crazy O-Ring will drip oil down the backside of the motor and look like a bad rear seal.

The good news is that if it is that O-Ring it's a 10 minute, $2 fix.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

i know when we did the timing last wed i was told that the CAS ring was leaking but not sure if that is the only one ...... hopefully vatozone will have one cheap will be trying that first i just know i put it in the garage last night and saw a few nice sized spots on my floor when i pulled it out today .... i am hoping that is all it is ... if it is just the CAS how much oil will leak out of that thing?

my shift just got changed to overnights so i have some afternoon time to start looking at things starting tomm with my 3 day weekends too
    Last edited by synaptik; 10-22-2007 at 02:02 PM.
    furry friends -- sibes - lakota, anana, baby - schnauzers - roxie, tater --- MUTT -- Aero()

The last time I changed mine it was leaking pretty good, all down the back of the engine...it looked pretty nasty. It wasnt leaving spots like that on the floor though, but you never know. A quick way to test it is to sick your hand back there and see how much oil is left on your fingers. Or after you park it cut a piece of paper roughly the same size as the area between the fire wall and the engine under the CAS and see if any oil leaks on to it. Other than that just get a light and start looking around and if you can jack the car up in the air and take a look.

i know when i had the oil changed i saw it on the lift and there was dirty oil all over everything under the car ...hoping it is an easy to find leak will be trying to replace this sat hopefully

Often times it's easier to find a leak on a clean engine. Power wash the whole engine bay to get all the old crud off, and see where new oil and crud deposits.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Just make sure to dry out the spark plug wells when finished. Getting water down in them is a common problem when washing the engine.

You'll know if you have water in them when the car runs like afterwards.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!