Thread: need advise on Injector cleaning.

Default need advise on Injector cleaning.

I've got a 4.6L engine all apart, and am starting the re-build. I keep looking at the injectors and I'm thinking I should soak them to clean them up. Should I soak them? Will it make a difference? What should I soak them in? SeaFoam?

TD
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Hopp's gun cleaner works well on aircraft injectors, but might not be good on the plastic. Totally different Bird if you know what I mean...
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane View Post
    I've got a 4.6L engine all apart, and am starting the re-build. I keep looking at the injectors and I'm thinking I should soak them to clean them up. Should I soak them? Will it make a difference? What should I soak them in? SeaFoam?

TD
    While I had everything apart for my rebuild, I cleaned my Miata injectors with the fuel injector additive you can buy at VatoZone.

I pulled them off the rail, opened the solenoid with a 9V battery, and used a power bleeder to push the (full strength) cleaner through the injector at 15psi or so.

Don't know whether it helped or not, but it was an interesting exercise...

Good luck!
    '96 M-edition