Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: got some codes? I do...:)

Blinking CEL on my WRX was the ECU counting misfires. It would happen because the ECU didn't like the piggyback modifying the crank position sensor signal to alter timing. It knew something was wrong. The only solution was to go with a different piggyback - or get used to clearing the ECU of error codes about 3 times a week.

I haven't run across that on my Miata yet. Are you running the Jackson Racing timing card or the older timing boost control "knob"? I've got the knob since the timing card was causing me some grief.

And I haven't experienced the "lean" code, either. Actually - the opposite. The code I keep throwing is "catalyst inefficency error" which is caused by the car running rich at partial throttle. I've got the 350cc injectors, though.

Well the check engine light went away yesterday, i had to ride into town and looked down and it was gone, maybe the bulb burned out.....lol

anyway it's still running real rough, still trying to over to Gary's to have him look at it.
    99 Miata Black

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12