Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pistons and Paint 07 vid

Default Pistons and Paint 07 vid

Dang! I missed it again!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

No you didn't, we saw you there! Nice Mustache!

I missed it too, but I did see about a dozen of them northbound on I35 about 11AM. I especially liked the old prison bus. Remind us early next year, so I can make sure to be there. Looks like fun!
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    No you didn't, we saw you there! Nice Mustache!
    My evil twin?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

The whole "counter culture"/"traditional hotrod" mentality just irritates me to no end. The cars are cool and all, but its nothing if not an elitist branch of pseudo nostalgia. Just another trend that will get swept under the rug when its adherents find something else "new" and "cool" to devote themselves to.

It is depressing really...knowing that something that is new and cool will one day be out and boring. It is the product of our culture as a whole, being completely disposable, and nothing but a commodity. There is a group right now that is doing something completely "original" that the rest of us will notice in a few years. Once we notice it, and then adapt it into our mass consumer world, they will shun it because they no longer have something of their "own". The process continues...

The ironic part? They go searching for something that very few people know about or understand so they can be original, find it, adhere to it, and put themselves into it only to abandon it when the rest of the population discovers it.
    If they were so much a part of it, why did they abandon it?
    Because they are parasites.

/rant/concluded/

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by vejatabul View Post
    The whole "counter culture"/"traditional hotrod" mentality just irritates me to no end. The cars are cool and all, but its nothing if not an elitist branch of pseudo nostalgia. Just another trend that will get swept under the rug when its adherents find something else "new" and "cool" to devote themselves to.

It is depressing really...knowing that something that is new and cool will one day be out and boring. It is the product of our culture as a whole, being completely disposable, and nothing but a commodity. There is a group right now that is doing something completely "original" that the rest of us will notice in a few years. Once we notice it, and then adapt it into our mass consumer world, they will shun it because they no longer have something of their "own". The process continues...

The ironic part? They go searching for something that very few people know about or understand so they can be original, find it, adhere to it, and put themselves into it only to abandon it when the rest of the population discovers it.
    If they were so much a part of it, why did they abandon it?

/rant/concluded/

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

irritates me to no end. /rant/concluded/
    "Every man who enters a brothel is looking for God."

Hey 3BEAN - we need a Groucho wiggling a cigar smilie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post

What's Groucho got to do with G K Chesterton?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Classic!

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    By Sunday!
    That'll be two fitty!
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

The whole "counter culture"/"traditional hotrod" mentality just irritates me to no end.
    You obviously don't know me!

You need to find somthing else to worry about, because you certainly don't have a clue.

Who are you any way?

At 1:11 there is a coupe that is way down to the ground. That is coolness. Always nice to see real hot rods without all of the Boyd Coddington crap. I will have to go to some of these shows with you if they ever stop having them on race days.

Here's a pic of Rogue so you can get to know him better.

Snap! Oh you stop!

Late to the party, but I can't see this site at work anymore and I had to drive to Galveston so.....

Yes William there was a guy there that I did a double take thinking it was you. But with the stach it obviously wasn't you.

Merv, Stevan took a picture of me with my new favorite short bus.

Veggietale, I can't even come up with words to counter what you wrote. These guys are far from elitist. They've accepted me and my non-rockbilly style for years. You just have to like cars. You are WAY off base.

So what's this new counter culture that we'll be enlightened to catch up with someday? 30" wheels on big sedans with lift kits? Rice? Luxury tractors? A clue would be great, but you don't have one. Rant off.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

You need to find somthing else to worry about, because you certainly don't have a clue.

Who are you any way?
    Oh boo hoo.
    I do not know anyone here, and further, knowing but one more person will not able me to be a better jerk. I think I do that enough with my very limited friend base.

I am worried about nothing.
    Clue?
    You want a clue?
    How about "satire"?

Who am I? Is that some kind of rhetorical question? Are you wanting a break down of my personality, or a general background?
    How about this for irony...you said I do not have a clue, implied because I "obviously dont know" you or possibly the whole "culture". Now with that in mind, how could YOU have a clue, seeing as though you do not know me, obviously? Seems in your haste to point out that we are not acquainted you made the same error you perceived me to have made. Difference? None. I am not qualified to make statements about that which I do not know, and what i do not know happens to be that which YOU do not know. Get it? You have no understanding of what I do or do not know. See its really quit funny. You say I do not know you, so I do not know what I am talking about, however, YOU do not know me, so in fact, by your own standards, YOU do not know what YOU are talking about, because YOU in fact do not know me. See how wonderful that works?
    Now the problem arises whenever we assume. You assumed me to be attacking you, but however I was simply ranting about something bigger than you, that which you may or may not acquaint yourself with. So entirely false and pure nonsense was my post that it seems to have been taken quit literally.

Oh the folly...the defense of choices made.

Too cliche...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Veggietale, I can't even come up with words to counter what you wrote. These guys are far from elitist. They've accepted me and my non-rockbilly style for years. You just have to like cars. You are WAY off base.

So what's this new counter culture that we'll be enlightened to catch up with someday? 30" wheels on big sedans with lift kits? Rice? Luxury tractors? A clue would be great, but you don't have one. Rant off.
    Countering what I wrote will bring you nothing in the way of abandonment. General statements about entire groups are nothing if not stereotype building. This does not make them entirely false, but then, I am not worried about the truthfulness of my rant, since it neither reflects my views, nor does it paint an accurate picture of my own lifestyle. Broaden your definition of "elitist" to include a more liberal understanding, and we might see eye to eye.
    As for the part about me having a "clue", I think the word you are searching for should be in three word phrase. You mean to say "my personal experience". Me having a "clue" about these types of people is based on personal experience, just as your understanding of them is based on your own personal experience. So if you had a positive experience with them, that would not offer anything in terms of experience to me if I had only negative experiences dealing with them, since your own experience is just that...YOURS. Life is all about personal experiences, expecting one person to form an opinion due to another persons personal experiences, is wholly ridiculous.

So, if you had good fun with these people, good for you. That does not detract from the possible bad time I had with them.
    Of course, my original post was pure bullshitting on my part...I was only being an asshole. The base I live on is populated by myself only, and we enjoy visitors, just please do not expect courtesy to be on your pillow in absence of a mint...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast